Author Topic: Changing color of Soundcloud icon  (Read 903 times)

sveakul

Not sure whether to post this in Skins or in Icons, so I'm starting here!  I use the latest Dark Fine-Tuned skins which depend on the Onyx.xmlc root.  When searching Soundcloud, the results come back with just a pale grey square icon on the left-most column instead of the orange-and-white Soundclud icon on the MusicBee3 default skin.  This doesn't bother me, but unfortunately in cases of downloadable files that normally have the "green" lower appendage on the orange icon to easily ID them, they are very hard to spot within the grey version where only a same-color appendage appears:

Is there any way to change those icons to display the original orange/green combo, or is that locked within the Onyx.xmlc in a way that is uneditable via the *.xml companions?

Trying to use a colorpicker on Hiccup's sample skin is not an option because the original icons have a shaded color that changes RGB values as you move within them, and I'm not sure these even ARE skin elements per se.

Any help appreciated!  Mods, feel free to move this.
Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 01:51:37 AM by sveakul

hiccup

It looks like a flaw in the dark fine-tuned skins to me.

Is there any way to change those icons to display the original orange/green combo, or is that locked within the Onyx.xmlc in a way that is uneditable via the *.xml companions?

It doesn't use the same icon that is used for the navigator panel.
And there is no overriding skin element for it that I am aware of.
A request for that could be posted in the Developers' Area > Skins board.

sveakul

Thanks hiccup for your feedback!  I found an older copy of the Onyx.xmlc root, and pointing the same new Maya Blue.xml (which I normally use) to that restored the normal Soundcloud icons (but losing the new red color for the small "playing" speaker icon).  So the issue was for sure in the new xmlc.  Since the skin's developer is no longer with the forum, it's no big deal just switching back to the older root combo when I'm doing Soundcloud, just made a xml with a different name for that.  Backups come to the rescue again  :)

hiccup

Thank you sveakul for reporting and clearing this up!

I'm not sure if this skin is installed by default by MusicBee these days, but if it is, this is something that should probably be looked at.