Author Topic: Help with auto organise  (Read 1057 times)

Ansem

Hi everyone,
I want to use the auto organise function of MB, but I'm not sure how should I set it up.

1) I have my folder on my NAS on \\Delibrid\Musica. Is this the right setting?

https://imgur.com/im5aeVw

2) Since I have two computers, if I check " on startup check for missing or updated files" can it check also for new files? If not, how can I make MB check for new files inside it's library?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That won't work since your NAS is not part of C:. What you'll probably need to do is map the network drive to a drive letter on your computer. (For instance, I have my NAS set up as P: on my computer, and MusicBee can see it.) I strongly recommend only having one machine handle the organization, if you have MusicBee on both. Otherwise they could get into a tug-o-war over the files.

And yes, if you add the drive as a monitored folder then "check for missing or updated files" should find new files for you.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Ansem

So the correct way should be this right?
https://imgur.com/llLM2Yt

I strongly recommend only having one machine handle the organization, if you have MusicBee on both. Otherwise they could get into a tug-o-war over the files.
Shouldn't this be easily avoided setting them to check for new, updated or deleted files only on startup?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Your settings there look about right, but it doesn't seem to recognize that the files shown are on drive Z:. Make sure they show up when you navigate to Z:.

Having it done at start should mostly keep them from accessing the same files at the same time, but if you're templates aren't 100% identical they'll be moving files back and forth constantly. Better to have one template and one place to maintain it if you want to make changes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)