Author Topic: tags modification  (Read 1323 times)

urfausto

how do you delete all tags when auto tagging or modifying tags? i've noticed you can't see all the tags present in a file from MB

and how do the little checkboxes near each tag field work?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Generally when you edit a track in MusicBee, any tags not built in or configured as custom tags are automatically deleted.

The check boxes apply a tag to all selected tracks
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

i've noticed you can't see all the tags present in a file from MB

Just FYI the only external tagger I've seen that will display all tags a file contains simultaneously and their contents, without having to adjust the tag reading options, is Kid3.  For example, if you end up with a file with id3v1, id3v2, and APE tags, all 3 will be displayed open in their own window, where their contents can be edited separately or the entire tag deleted using the "Remove" button.  I keep it on a toolbar button in MusicBee and do 90% of my editing through it.  Of course, a file rescan is needed for MusicBee to pickup the changes.

hiccup

Generally when you edit a track in MusicBee, any tags not built in or configured as custom tags are automatically deleted.

So are you saying that for mp3 files, all TXXX tags in a file that are not configured as custom tags are deleted by MusicBee?
I don't believe that is the case.

urfausto

i guess this must be cleared of doubts eventually...

Steven

• Administrator
when saving tags using the tag editor, MB will only update/delete the standard tags it knows about and configured custom tags ie. whats accessible in the tag editor. The only exception is when there are other tag names used to represent the same tag (that MB knows about) eg. some taggers use "BAND" for album artist. MB wont touch any other tags

urfausto

ok so think i need a quantum computer to clean up all my files in one shot lol.

boroda

1st backup all your music files (in case if something goes wrong).

install this plugin:

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-amp-reporting-tools/

make manual tag backup for entire library.

select all tracks (ctrl+a), go to tools> tagging tools> remove tags...

remove all tags from tracks. restore tags for all tracks by plugin.

p.s. maybe its possible just to remove unneeded tags without making tag backup. i dont know if all tags or just common tags for selected tracks will be displayed in 'remove tags...' window.

urfausto

1st backup all your music files (in case if something goes wrong).

install this plugin:

https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-amp-reporting-tools/

make manual tag backup for entire library.

select all tracks (ctrl+a), go to tools> tagging tools> remove tags...

remove all tags from tracks. restore tags for all tracks by plugin.

p.s. maybe its possible just to remove unneeded tags without making tag backup. i dont know if all tags or just common tags for selected tracks will be displayed in 'remove tags...' window.

uuuh very nice painkiller! wonderful :)