Author Topic: Changing the Thumbnail of the playlist (left side)?  (Read 1331 times)

VanFersen

Hi there,

I was not able to find any solution. This makes me crazy because there has to be a way to change the thumbnail of a certain playlist. As you might know if you open the full musicbee explorer you have all your playlists on the left side and randomly the program uses a certain thumbnail as the main playlist thumbnail. But after the last time I loaded in some new songs the thumbnail of my "Rock" folder is empty. How can I change the thumbnail of this playlist?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you taking about playlists or the thumbnail browser? There is a way to set icons for the thumbnail browser, although you'll have to look around to find the instructions.
Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:54:17 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, that's the thumbnail browser. Search around the forum (Google works best) and you can find instructions for adding your own icons

I'm not 100% sure it works for a non-standard tag, but I think so. Or you could copy your folder names as genres.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

VanFersen

@psychoadept - I didn't find any solution back then and now too. That's why I placed this question here because I searched everywhere. But no one is talking about the exact thing I am looking for. Some have a problem by changing the picture of a certain artist. This is not what I am looking for. Like you can see within the Screenshot I wanna change the picture of the browser Thumbnail playlist. That's a whole playlist. And like I said all the time before it always showed a certain cover of an album but since a couple of weeks it doesn't anymore.

I generally don't like the fact that it changes the browser playlist icons randomly without a warning or an understandable algorithm. Because sometimes it chooses just something not even a new scanned in Album art. It would be generally awesome to change the icons by myself with the title picture I want to see on the browser playlist buttons and to make them permanent without the program changing it again on its own.

Is there such a way? or at least that it is possible to change the browser playlist thumbs on my own.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's the thumbnail browser, and it appears that you can't copy and paste artwork for non-standard tags there.  Your best bet is going to be populating your genre tags with the same values, then you should be able to work with this: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24611.0

There's more info here on why it won't work for custom and virtual tags, only for specific tags configured with the thumbnail browser: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29260.0
Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 06:39:45 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

VanFersen

I guess in this case I am to stupid because I don't get it at all. I read your message, read those other two but I don't understand what they mean with tag(1) and all the other stuff. It's highly confusing. I really don't get it why it is so complicated just to replace a thumbnail  :-\

P.S.: I read even more posts now but I don't see any way and all I tried didn't work. I guess I leave it like it is. This is too complicated and not worth the time only to have a photo in the end. But Thank you for your time and help.
Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:17:30 AM by VanFersen

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sure. All I'm really saying is if you use the genre tag instead of the folder nam, you can just copy and paste the images you want right in the thumbnail browser. But it's up to you how much effort it's worth.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)