Author Topic: Compilations disappeared from library  (Read 976 times)

philbean

Added a few compilation albums today. In the Album Artists column, Various Artists was showing as (27) albums.

Added another.. and it put it as seperate tracks, which it often does. Edited them. Saved. And that album is OK... but my number of compilations is now (5).
22 Albums have disappeared from my library.

Except they're still there, because if I scroll up the 'Playing Tracks' on the right, they're there... you can play them.. you can look at their properties. But I can't find them any more in the library. They don't appear in searches. They're not in the Inbox either.

Any idea whats happened? Anyone experienced this before?
All my other library is still there.. Just seems to have affected compilations.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Is the album artist for those albums still Various Artists?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

philbean

The 5 compilations that remain ??   Yes.

The ones in the Playing Tracks on the right side but now missing from the library..  Mixed.  Some the album artist is blank.  Some are Various Artists.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. One thing you might look at is whether the "treat as album artist if" setting in sorting/grouping preferences is ticked.

But I'd start by making sure they're all tagged with the Various Artists album artist again. If that restores some of them, then we can take a closer look at the others.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

philbean

Its ticked and I've checked the files in explorer and they're still tagged with Various Artists as the Album Artist