Author Topic: Option to remove 'ratings' from windows 7 peek + updating sync tab  (Read 5710 times)

9cupsoftea

The first is a small request, but I really don't like the rating up/down options that appear in the windows 7 peek view. I use the controls quite a lot, and with more buttons they become a little fiddly. I never use ratings in any of my music, so the buttons are redundant to me. I much prefer the wmp controls which are just three larger buttons (back, stop/play, forward). It would be fantastic to have some option to customise these buttons too, as I would like to maybe have something like a random or 'next album' button.

Another thing I wanted to ask, and this might be more of a bug than a lacking feature, is about the tabs. I have musicbee open on three tabs, library, inbox, and the playlist which I use to sync to my mp3 player. When I send things to the playlist, then click on the playlist tab, they are never there. It usually takes a restart to update the playlist tab. I kind of expected the playlist tab to update, so I could flick over and see what albums I have/will have on my mp3 player. It would also be hugely helpful if I could just drag albums from my library to this playlist tab and have them added.

Anyway, fantastic player! I'm so happy I found this, because I've spent the past year using foobar, mediamonkey and wmp simultaneously due to various shortcomings, but so far this seems like it does all the things I use those other programs for at once. I'll be shooting over a donation as soon as I can. Cheers!

Steven

• Administrator
i think both of those should be addressed in the latest beta - see the weekly updates topic
the setting is in the player section of the Layout preferences

However there is a bug with playlist creation in v1.2.4090. I'll be posting a link in the next day or two, but the fix is already available in this link which contains the fixed musicbee.exe only
http://www.mediafire.com/?9zsd4c37zdpajh5

Steven

• Administrator
actually playing around a bit i see sending to a playlist doesnt refresh the tab (it has been added to the playlist but the tab is not refreshed) - for now just press F5 to force a refresh, but i will fix it

Steven

• Administrator