Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to use Musicbee on Linux (Archlinux/Debian based distro)  (Read 4434 times)

mattjones

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=path/to/whereYouWantYourWineprefix/.WineBee winecfg

When inputting that command, do I keep it as "WhereYouWantYourWinePrefix" or should I change it? If so, what do I change it to? I just installed Manjaro today and I'm trying to get a decent music player working.

Secondly, are commands in the first post all that I need, or is there something missing?

pivAd

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=path/to/whereYouWantYourWineprefix/.WineBee winecfg

When inputting that command, do I keep it as "WhereYouWantYourWinePrefix" or should I change it? If so, what do I change it to? I just installed Manjaro today and I'm trying to get a decent music player working.

Secondly, are commands in the first post all that I need, or is there something missing?

1. No need to. I'm using Manjaro KDE, and I placed my prefix to: ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/.WineBee

I kinda changed the '.WineBee' to win32-mb though, seems cleaner to me. if you plan to change the name, don't forget to change in the other commands as well.

2. Yeah, everything works after religiously following the instructions (other than personal name changes to files)

---

On the other hand, I have a personal question of mine. Has anyone tried making .mp4 or other video files play on MusicBee through other applications, such as .vlc?

I have tried pretty much everything to try and get it working, the problem seems to be mainly on MusicBee, which always ends on 'Unable to play this file - it has an unsupported format or is corrupted'. It kinda worked on .m4v, but VLC failed to play it.

Pretty much tried regedit as suggested in WineHQ, and every other wacky stuff suggested in other forums

---

I really do hope MusicBee either gets open-sourced, or gets a Linux support in the future. It's a media player I can never ever replace--it's really amazing, and packed-full of features I can't seem to find anywhere else. (foobar2000's too much of a mess to personally customize the way I want it to be like in MusicBee)
Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 07:59:48 PM by pivAd

phred

• Global Moderator
I really do hope MusicBee either gets open-sourced, or gets a Linux support in the future.
Please see the FAQ for open source and Linux
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

tralph3

Anyone else can't run this command:
Code
WINEPREFIX=path/to/whereYouWantYourWineprefix/.WineBee winetricks -q dotnet48 xmllite gdiplus

on Manjaro XFCE? I could get this running on Mint, but on Manjaro it gets stuck repeteadly on a lot of "fix me" lines, always repeating the same, never advances, after a while my whole system hangs (yes I created the prefix beforehand and changed the command to point to it). I also tried with dotnet46 and nothing, this shit ain't working.

gregsanz182

Anyone else can't run this command:
Code
WINEPREFIX=path/to/whereYouWantYourWineprefix/.WineBee winetricks -q dotnet48 xmllite gdiplus

on Manjaro XFCE? I could get this running on Mint, but on Manjaro it gets stuck repeteadly on a lot of "fix me" lines, always repeating the same, never advances, after a while my whole system hangs (yes I created the prefix beforehand and changed the command to point to it). I also tried with dotnet46 and nothing, this shit ain't working.

I don't know why, but it seems the installation of dotnet48 via winetricks is broken. You can install only xmllite and gdiplus, and then download the official dotnet 4.8 from microsoft page, and proceed to install it in the prefix just like you install musicbee.