Author Topic: Tag Mapping: MusicBee, mp3tag, Picard  (Read 7077 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

You guys are crazy, you know that right? Lol

Haha In all seriousness, this is great work.
Kudos to you all for having the patience and organization to put what's in a lot of our heads in an easy to understand format.

Dizza17

@karbock

Unless I’ve completely missed it and it’s quite insignificant, I was thinking should Display Composer also be included in the relevant lists/sections along side Display Artist? Ie how it’s written to files and mapping requirements between MB & MP3tag. It’s pretty obvious it follows the same principles as Display Artist, but it might be worth noting for the sake of completeness!
Best regards Dizza👍🏼

karbock

@karbock

Unless I’ve completely missed it and it’s quite insignificant, I was thinking should Display Composer also be included in the relevant lists/sections along side Display Artist? Ie how it’s written to files and mapping requirements between MB & MP3tag. It’s pretty obvious it follows the same principles as Display Artist, but it might be worth noting for the sake of completeness!
Best regards Dizza👍🏼

Nice suggestion, Dizza! The posts have been updated.

stargatetraveler

OK...I'm a little confused on this post.  I just downloaded MusicBee and I'm a longtime MBP (Musicbrainz Picard) user.  Do I need to still need to define "new tags" or has that already been done and all I need to do is enter a display name in the custom 16 available tags and use the drop down?  Just want to make sure before I go through this process.  Thanks for all your help and all the work y'all have already done to match MBP info to MusicBee!!

hiccup

Do I need to still need to define "new tags" or has that already been done and all I need to do is enter a display name in the custom 16 available tags and use the drop down?
Welcome to the forum stargatetraveler
Tag mapping will pretty much always be something that needs to be done when trying to use and align different music/tagging applications, since there hardly exist any 'rules' on how tags are supposed to be used.
In general there are only 'proposals' or 'guidelines'. So things related to tagging will always differ between different applications.

I would guess that this post explains pretty well what tags don't, and what tags do need mapping when trying to align Picard with MusicBee.
It also contains a more specific explanation on how to set-up tag mapping at the bottom.

Let us know if you think any information is missing, or if you have suggestions on how the explanations may be improved on?

Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:46:02 PM by hiccup