Author Topic: Choose Album Artwork Without Impacting Track #1  (Read 3443 times)

c0sb0rne

Hi,

I have a quick question about the Album Artwork feature using the Album Covers view.
My goal is to add custom artwork for the album cover while keeping the 1st track with its own artwork. I have tons of albums where the lead single is track #1, so I'd like to still show that artwork as the primary for the single without impacting the overall album cover.

Example:

* Track 1 has embedded artwork A
* The actual Album cover has embedded artwork B

Can someone let me know if this is achievable in version 3.3.7261? So far, I've tried going to Customize Panel > Show Setting > "Enable All Artwork to be selected and displayed". Unfortunately, this does not permanently change the album cover. Also, Enable Image Rotation hasn't helped me.

Thanks again,

..adding screenshot for clarity  ;)

boroda

there has been a request for this on whishlist board of the forum. you could find it and add +1 to it.

c0sb0rne

phred

• Global Moderator
Hopefully, the Dev team provides a solution sometime soon 👍
Just for the record, there is no "dev team." MusicBee is developed and maintained by one person, who does this as a hobby in his spare time and asks for nothing in return.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

c0sb0rne

Hopefully, the Dev team provides a solution sometime soon 👍
Just for the record, there is no "dev team." MusicBee is developed and maintained by one person, who does this as a hobby in his spare time and asks for nothing in return.

Good to know!

My apologies Phred; I didn't know Steve built and maintains this by himself. ;)

PeteJ

Sorry for the stupid question, But how do you add album cover to the track list? I've highlighted what I mean.

c0sb0rne

Copy the image first, then right-click on the track and select Paste Artwork. Choose the embed option to write the artwork to the mp3 file.

Those image thumbnails show up by doing this: Customize Panel > Show Setting > "Enable All Artwork to be selected and displayed". You can edit a single track and click on Artwork to add multiple covers if you want.

PeteJ

Hi thanks for the quick reply. Where is the 'customize panel' option? It's probably obvious, but I can't find it.