Author Topic: CD Burner is not recognised  (Read 1148 times)

steve bee

External CD burner is not recognised by MusicBee.  It recognises that it's "E-Drive" but any CD put into burner does not register in "rip CD" dialogue box.

No problem using alternative platform eg iTunes; CD is recognised and can be ripped into iTunes library.  Why can't this be done with MusicBee?

phred

• Global Moderator
Is your external CD drive USB? And does it get disconnected between uses? Does it always show as the same drive letter?

What version of MB are you using and which installer version?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

steve bee

Hi phred,

External CD Drive connects via USB, and gets disconnected between uses.  Always shows as "E" drive.

MB version is V.3.3.7367 store.  I think installer version was Windows 10.

What I don't understand is how any CD in CD Drive is recognised by iTunes, but not by MusicBee.  I've tried another (borrowed) CD Drive, and CDs were recognised and ripped into MusicBee library with no problem.

Any help / advice would be welcome!

phred

• Global Moderator
I suggest downloading and installing the portable version. Place it OUTSIDE of the Windows protected folders. For example x:\MusicBee. See if the portable works as expected. Once you have the portable installed, and before you test, apply the latest patch which you can get from my sig.

The store version doesn't get updated very often and has some very limited capabilities as far as tweaking goes. If the portable works, uninstall the store version and keep the portable patched regularly.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here