Author Topic: Yup another another how to migrate Musicbee question  (Read 1187 times)

Mikelap

At one point maybe youll get fedup of answering this question and someone will have it in there heart to make a detailed Video on how to migrate Musicbee from one PC to another for dummies .ive read all the backup and restore ,importing, file organisation , information here but for the life of me i cant make it work .                                                                                                                                                                                 So first  question what folder or folders do i need to copy to migrate to another pc and where do i installed them to.                           
Second question   i installed Musicbee on a new pc in drive "c" after i scanned files from my external drive "H" now is where i need help . What do i do to send that music to my PC"s "F" drive ?                                                                                                                                                                                             
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

hiccup

Have you considered using portable installs?
Then you have only one single folder you can copy or backup without worrying about anything else.

Help on remapping to where your music files reside on another pc should be easy to find.

Mikelap

Easy to find not as easy to understand for some .Exactly the response i was expecting
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

hiccup

Exactly the response i was expecting

My response to your question was not a specific answer to solve your challenge step-by-step.
I'm sorry about that.

I was merely suggesting that portable installs of MusicBee are much easier to maintain, back-up and transfer to other pc's.
And I asked you if you considered that, and if that might be a good option for you.

Do with my suggestion what you like.
Qualifying my response to your question as something negative is on you.

edit:
And doing a quick google search leads to this:
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore
Maybe that contains some information you can educate yourself with.
Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:01:27 PM by hiccup

Mikelap

As i wrote in my question ive read back up and restore among other subjects .So i thank you anyways i am not mad i was just expecting to much .

hiccup

You actually said that you have read a lot about the matter 'here'. In my edit note I referred to the wiki, guessing you might have missed that.

Don't give up yet. I am just one of the 27148 members here.
Others may contribute with answers that help you better.
Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 09:37:34 PM by hiccup