Author Topic: genre editor search box?  (Read 1023 times)

urfausto

i guess it would be useful to have a field that highlights and jump to the every instance of searched term in order to faster change and avoid doubles and errors in the list instead of having to run through all of it. the default list is already interpreted in a given fashion (official or whatever) but the phrasing is different from mine hence making it harder to find the exact correlation between the 2.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'll not at all clear on what you're asking for here. Can you provide a screenshot?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

urfausto

sure:

normally in such a window i would click CTRL+F like in a browser window to find any correspondence i can't see at forefront instead of running through all the list in search of the specific term, example: punk hardcore/hardcore punk are phrased differently but they are both correct and i don't know which one is there at that moment.

hiccup

normally in such a window i would click CTRL+F

That panel is mainly a user-friendly way to allow you to paste an alternative listing of genres and categories that you prefer.
If you want to edit it's contents, just copy it to any application that you are comfortable with (excel, notepad++, etc.), edit it there, and then paste it back.

urfausto

normally in such a window i would click CTRL+F

That panel is mainly a user-friendly way to allow you to paste an alternative listing of genres and categories that you prefer.
If you want to edit it's contents, just copy it to any application that you are comfortable with (excel, notepad++, etc.), edit it there, and then paste it back.
yeah true! thanks for the advice, it's easy as you say but didn't think about it at first.