Author Topic: [SOLVED] Plugins scrambled  (Read 1039 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
On my portable installation, something is scrambled with the plugins. I get this error every time I go to Plugins in preferences:

MusicBee v3.3.7261.33657P  (Win10.0), 22 Nov 2019 20:59:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=ziMjRd8Kof$nix_UBhljwcEAAtK9j.#=zy819l3IfXGhm()

When I hit ok, it goes on as if nothing is wrong, but then I get this weird Plugins screen:

Not only is Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools on there twice, but it's literally the only plugin in the directory right now. Discogs and minilyrics aren't there at all. Theater mode was there, but I tried adding all the plugins back in and that cleared up the error. So then I disabled/uninstalled all of them and deleted all the files except for TagTools, and the error came back plus the results you see. Very odd.
Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:29:43 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm running the same version as you and not seeing what you're seeing.

Just a guess, but might you have two copies of the AT&RT dll? Look not only in the plugins directory, but also in your AppData directory. I recall a time when I had the dll in both, although I can't remember if it actually displayed as yours is doing. It should only be in the plugins directory.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There are some Tag Tools settings files, but no extra .dll. I think there's just a settings file messed up somewhere that needs to be reset, I'm just not sure which one or where to look.

Update: actually, that was easier to find than I thought. I think it was mad because there were a bunch of plugins configured in the main MusicBee3Settings file that were pointed at the plugins folder for my main installation. Not sure how that happened, but removing them seems to have fixed it.
Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:31:20 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Glad you got it fixed, but something funky is going on with 3.3.7261.33657 P.

I'm about to post a new thread with details.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here