Author Topic: MTP device sync  (Read 2958 times)

greatfox

Sorry, I can't find this option to sync to the sd card in my FIIO M6, which is an MTP device.  The option to scan for MTP devices is not where the wiki says it is.  Anyone have instructions on this please?

SkyZippr

If you're using v3.3 then MTP is always enabled, thus no option to toggle anymore.

greatfox

When I try and select the SD card in the FIIO, the OK button is greyed out, so it won't let me select it as a synced folder.  I also tried folders on the SD card.  The card shows up inside the removable devices, so it isn't assigned a drive letter.

phred

• Global Moderator
When I try and select the SD card in the FIIO, the OK button is greyed out, so it won't let me select it as a synced folder.  I also tried folders on the SD card.  The card shows up inside the removable devices, so it isn't assigned a drive letter.
Have you performed a wired sync to the device? If not, do so. But you don't actually need to complete a sync. Just do a preview. Then disconnect the device and try a WiFi sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SkyZippr

phred, M6 comes without Play Store so I don't think he's trying to do a Wifi sync.

greatfox, if you connect an MTP device, select it, and go to the setting, it should look like this:

What do you see in your case?
It would help us understand your issue better if you post a screenshot like I just did. If you're unsure how to do it, follow the line below to see how to post a screenshot.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29488.0

greatfox

OK, well now it's showing up in devices.  It wasn't before!  Must have just needed a reboot.  Thanks!

StephDesire

I've got a Fiio M6 too and you can use the musicbee wifi sync ;)

Download Apk editor and install it on a regular android phone.

Download the musicbee wifi sync apk.

Select the apk file in apk editor,
select complete editing, decode all files,
then select files and androidmanifest.xml,
once you open it change the package name by a package name of a white-listed app,
save and build the new apk,
put it on the Fiio and enjoy!