Author Topic: Filter to show files with blank album artist  (Read 1213 times)

kricker

I am trying to get filters to show any of my files that have no album artist. Nothing is working. I no for a fact I have some files without album artist data. I tried setting a filter set to album artist "has no value" and I also tried a virtual filter set as "$IsNull(<Album Artist>,,<Album Artist>)" as I found in an old post quoted below. Both attempts show nothing. I even tried and auto-playlist where album artist is set to "has no value". It also show nothing.

Identify tracks with no "Album Artist" value

If there's no Album Artist tag with a track, MB shows Artist value instead for its Album Artist field. If you want to identify tracks with no Album Artist value, create a library filter or auto-playlist with the rule of <"Album Artist" "has no value">. Note that virtual tags won't lend any help for this purpose since <Album Artist> field in virtual tags is immediately filled with <Artist> value when the value is not present.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This is kind of a hack, but I think you can use the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin to copy the actual Album Artist value to another tag (I just tested), so for instance copy to "Custom5". Then you can use Custom5 to filter. But I agree there should be a better way.
Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 01:04:18 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
It looks like the special null handling for album artist was removed by mistake some time ago.
I have put it back in
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files