Author Topic: Pixel 2 XL Playlists Disappearing After Version 10  (Read 1236 times)

death_unites_us

Hello, thank you for any help you can throw my way, this problem has absorbed my life for 2 weeks now.

Long story short, ever since Android Version 10 I cannot sync my Pixel 2 XL correctly. I have tried iTunes, MediaMonkey, and now MusicBee and there is always some sort of completely crazy problem with no apparent solution.

I have finally gotten to the point where if I sync (usually twice for some reason) to MusicBee I will get my entire library (2018 songs). There will be about 30 random songs that don't sync correctly, they will have no artist and have a name like "1 songname songartist" or "# songname songartist" but no amount of tinkering has fixed this, even going as far as downloading a different file of the song.

What is even more perplexing is the playlists, which will do a number of different things every time I sync them. Sometimes they won't show up at all. Sometimes some will. Sometimes they will all be blank. Other times some will be blank. But most of the time, after an afternoon of trying, I will finally get all of the playlists on and accurate, only to unplug my phone, go to sleep, and wake up to them all blank the next morning. I have heard of this happening on other devices from scouring these forums, but no fix I try seems to work.

I have tried every type of playlist file, putting the playlists on the home directory and then moving them into the playlist folder, clicking "create a sub-folder for each playlist and its tracks", clicking "use relative file paths" and a number of other voodoo ritual ideas that went nowhere like manually typing "#EXTM3U" at the start of the M3U file. I have also tried syncing less playlists, restarting the phone, reinstalling the app, and trying different apps (I put my entire library manually into MediaMonkey, no help).

At this point I am just completely exhausted and frustrated that I cannot listen to my playlists, so any and all completely crazy solutions thrown my way would be greatly appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
It sounds to me like it's more a problem with your device than with MB. Especially if you seeing similar issues with MediaMonkey.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

death_unites_us

It sounds to me like it's more a problem with your device than with MB. Especially if you seeing similar issues with MediaMonkey.
I feel the same way. Hopefully somebody else here has run into some Android 10 problems and found a solution through MusicBee, if not I may need to just buy a dedicated mp3/music player.

phred

• Global Moderator
I feel the same way. Hopefully somebody else here has run into some Android 10 problems and found a solution through MusicBee
I don't recall anyone posting anything similar. Have you searched the forum?

if not I may need to just buy a dedicated mp3/music player.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=26726.0
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There will be about 30 random songs that don't sync correctly, they will have no artist and have a name like "1 songname songartist" or "# songname songartist"

This has happened to me for a long time, since at least at least Oreo, I'm on Pie now.

The one time I got it together to investigate, I found it affected at least GMMP and Rocket Player but not Google Play. Never got around to following up, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

death_unites_us

Just a quick update, it is pretty obvious it is the phone's fault so I did a complete factory reset on the phone. It did not fix the problem, but it did fix about 20 of the 40 songs that had weird names, so I guess it is some type of file system problem on either the Pixel 2 in general or the current patch, Android 10. I may try to sync again when a new patch comes out, just to see if it fixes itself, but for now I'll just be buying a dedicated music device.