Author Topic: Album Artwork Downloader  (Read 3265 times)

BruiserBrodie

Is this not working for anyone else? I cannot seem to get any album art for anything in my library. All of them come up with no match.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you talking about MusicBee's built in artwork search, or the standalone app?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, it's working ok for me. What version are you on?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

BruiserBrodie

That's weird. Was on an older build and then updated to 3.3.7259 this afternoon and still have the same problem.

BruiserBrodie

I just added google as the third option and it picks up images that way, but since it doesn't always give me the best results (sometimes pulls up youtube video images for whatever reason), I rarely use that. So it just isn't working with fanart.tv or itunes store which is strange.

I disabled fanart and itunes and then re-enabled them. I was able to download artwork again and then it stopped after the 4th album I searched for.
Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 10:42:41 PM by BruiserBrodie

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's very strange. I'm not seeing results from fanart.tv, but google and iTunes work. Google gives me pretty decent results because I have the minimum image size set to 999 px.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Tybot

I haven't used it in a couple of months. It more or less stopped working for me when I updated to 3.3, figured it had something to do with API changes. Just tried it with Beach Boys' "Pet sounds" and got the "Unable to locate..." dialog. Sometimes it produces some results from google but it's unreliable enough for me to just do it manually.

On a sidenote, Deezer have 1400x1400 front covers for almost every album available on their service. It has saved me a lot of times for those hard-to-finds.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Note that Steven did recently make an update because of changes to the Google API. And the standalone Album Art Downloader app finds covers from Deezer and lots of other sources.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here's one source:

https://downloads.tomsguide.com/Album-Art-Downloader,0301-25910.html

1.03 seems to still be the current version, but the download scripts get pretty regular updates
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

sveakul

I just added google as the third option and it picks up images that way, but since it doesn't always give me the best results (sometimes pulls up youtube video images for whatever reason), I rarely use that.

This is well worth a look also:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24540.0