Poll

What brand AVR Receiver \ Amplifier \ DAC you have ?

Denon
3 (20%)
Marantz
1 (6.7%)
Onkyo
1 (6.7%)
Pioneer
2 (13.3%)
Yamaha
3 (20%)
Sony
0 (0%)
Arcam
0 (0%)
NAD
1 (6.7%)
Other...
2 (13.3%)
None, use PC
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: What brand AVR Receiver \ Amplifier \ DAC you have ?  (Read 3966 times)

zehuti

What brand AVR Receiver \ Amplifier \ DAC you have? And do you stream music to it, or just connected by "line in". Or something else?

musicbee4dwd

Don't laugh until you try it! It uses a Texas Instrument 3116D amp chip, which is rated in 4ohms. So you're actual output using 8ohm speakers is more like 60-75 per channel. However, I still don't know how they get 200 watts out of a 90 watt power supply they give you. HAHAHA. Must be some secret power generating system. Loud enough, though.

Running these:

Oh yeah, back in the day I had everything from 1984 Yamaha receivers, 1970s BOSE 901s, the venerable Cerwin Vega HED speakers with 12" woofers, Paradigm surround sound systems,yadda, yadda. I do have to say I like the sub/satellite speaker set ups the best. But that's easy with one of these cheap little class D amps. They have them with a Sub out also. So I can use the above speakers are satellites if I ever wanted to do that.
Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 08:02:28 AM by musicbee4dwd

dontfollowme

NAD D3020 DAC here connected to my computer via USB. Should really upgrade my speakers but for a desktop system I think it sounds good.

Mreve

Don't laugh until you try it! It uses a Texas Instrument 3116D amp chip, which is rated in 4ohms.

Yeah ! a FDA !

I personally use the SMSL Q5 Pro and I'm amazed !

musicbee4dwd

Don't laugh until you try it! It uses a Texas Instrument 3116D amp chip, which is rated in 4ohms.

Yeah ! a FDA !

I personally use the SMSL Q5 Pro and I'm amazed !

I actually looked at those.They are really nice.They use a class D amp chip too. It's the European competition for TI's 3116D. I think they use an ST chip made in Europe. This is a nice one, too, but it only has Bluetooth 4.2 and I wanted BT 5.0. Also, I wated a treble and bass control. It's also 3x+ what the little G3 is.  SMSL AD18 80wtts a side with Sub out

I actually sent that Nobsound 15 pro back and kept the G3 model.

I would actually love for someone here to put a couple of those on a spectrum analyzer and then post the results and explain exactly what these amps do and how well they do it.

One reason I sent the other Nobsound back was that it's output is twice that of the G3 at 4ohms, or 100 watts per channel using two of the same chips. My problem is: How do you get 200 watts from a 90 watt power supply, or, even a power supply is 24V @ 5Amps or 120 watts?
Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 04:08:43 AM by musicbee4dwd

whoozwah

Musicbee on a 1st generation NUC-->Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC-->Marantz PM8004 integrated amp-->pair of Klipsch KF-28 floorstanding speakers.