Author Topic: Adding multiple %album% tags/display same files under multiple Album covers?  (Read 862 times)

johnmillsjr

Is it possible to use a separator to add multiple tags in %album% such as "Album1:Album2' so I can display specific albums contained a Boxset under their specific artworks/albums as well as the Boxset without copying the files?

I figure all I need to do then is embed the artwork into the Albums and just paste the boxset artwork without embedding

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, MusicBee doesn't really have any handling for multiple artworks except to rotate through them. You could make a wishlist request.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think you can tag multiple albums with a semi colon, but it won't help with the artwork thing
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, I guess you're right - MusicBee will only accept one album value. If I add one with a semicolon, it treats it as a single value. If I add one with the tag inspector, it only accepts one of the values.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

so I can display specific albums contained a Boxset under their specific artworks/albums as well as the Boxset without copying the files?

Regardless if you have selected Tracks- Album and Tracks- or Album Covers view, the main panel essentially shows tracks. Either individually, or grouped together with other tracks as part of an 'album' (following the rules as set under 'grouping').
One track can never show up more than once at different locations within the main panel. Not in Tracks view, and not in Album view.

So no, you can't have tracks showing up both under an album grouping, and additionally elsewhere under box-set grouping.
It's one or the other, it can't be both.

What you are asking for makes sense though, but it would have to be a completely new feature in MusicBee so it would be able to display the two hierarchy levels of:
box-set > albums, where the box-set by itself would not contain any tracks at all. So it would need to be possible to have it showing as a virtual album with it's own title and artwork, containing the other albums.