Author Topic: MB Context Menu items not showing Windows Explorer...  (Read 3953 times)

orion2019

It appears the MB Context Menu items no longer show in the Windows Explorer Context Menu in Windows 10 1903, MB 3.3.7165 Desktop or Start versions anymore.

It used to work, but not anymore.

Will this function be fixed or revived?

phred

• Global Moderator
What do you mean by "...Start version..."? Do you perhaps mean the -store- version? And if so, I suggest trying the portable version. Just be sure not to place it in a Windows UAC directory. Use something like C:\MusicBee. Or perhaps it was a recent Windows Update.

It's working fine here with 3.3.7250 P and I can't recall a time when it wasn't working. Are you certain you have it enabled in Preferences > General > file types?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

orion2019

Yes, I meant Store edition, not Start.  :-[

I will try the Portable version, and see if I get the menu items back...

orion2019

I've installed to Portable version, run as admin to set "Enable MusicBee in Windows Explorer and context menus.", but still no luck getting it to work. It appears that when I press the 'Apply' button MB is not completing the process.

Any ideas? This a new Lenovo Tablet X1 running Windows 10 Pro 1903, and as Admin.....

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I think Windows made another change and you now have to go into Windows Settings> Apps> Default apps and select MusicBee as your default Music player for the Explorer Menus to stick.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

orion2019

I think Windows made another change and you now have to go into Windows Settings> Apps> Default apps and select MusicBee as your default Music player for the Explorer Menus to stick.

I went to  Windows Settings> Apps> Default apps. I reset all to Windows Default which made Windows Media Player the default for Music Player. I then selected MusicBee for the new default and now the Context Menu items for MB REPLACED the Windows Media ones.

Success? Yes.... and no.

The above was for the Portable version, so I figured I would now try again for the Desktop Version. I removed the Portable version, reinstalled the Desktop version. However, when I went into Windows Settings> Apps> Default apps, the drop-down only allows me to select the Store version app, with no recourse to choose the Desktop version/exe, nor even after I  manually chose a few file type associations.

Ok, so I uninstall the Desktop version, install the Store version, and then select the Store version as the default.... MB Context Menu items won't show in Explorer.

Now I am back to using the Portable version. To get the MB Context Menu items to show, I had to go through right-click>open file with>choose another app and select the musicbee.exe in the Portable version C:/musicbee directory folder. This time though the MB Context Menu items sit above the Windows Media ones and not replace them.....

...I may try the Desktop version again, but this time point directly to the exe.

Update: I tried again with Desktop and Store versions, Context Menu items will not show in Explorer menu.
Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:06:06 PM by orion2019

SamLowry

I have the same problem. I never tried the portable version though. MB is already set to default for all audio. Haven't seen the context menu.