Author Topic: Syncing to phone - MB not converting lossless files  (Read 1282 times)

ifreak490

Currently, my music library consists of files in various states of compression - MP3s, FLACs, and WAVs. I wanted to sync these files to my phone, converting only the WAV files to FLACs, both to save on space and because my phone has problems recognizing them. To do this, I set my phone up as a sync device, and in the on-the-fly conversion settings, chose "convert to FLAC" and "only convert lossless files". When I do this, however, MB syncs all files without conversion, treating the uncompressed WAVs the same as the lossless FLACs and the compressed MP3s. Is this a bug anyone else has experienced, or does anyone know of a workaround?

hiccup

Is this a bug anyone else has experienced,

Welcome to the forum ifreak490.

There is no bug in play here.
The word lossless here pertains to the audio quality. Not to a specific format the lossless audio is contained in.
flac, wav, alac etc. are all lossless audio formats, and they will all be regarded as such for this particular setting.

You are asking for an option to convert one lossless format to another lossless format when syncing to a device.
You could pose a request for such a feature on the wishlist board.

Or maybe just convert all your wav files to flac to begin with?