Author Topic: Next tracks stops playing at the beginning  (Read 429 times)

SC6

The next track often stops playing in the beginning. Clicking the play/pause button starts the track again.
This happens about every 5 tracks. It is not reproducible, which means if I go back to the previous track, the next track (the one that stopped before) plays normally.

This happens on both my Asus Vivobook (connected to speakers through USB) and Asus Zenbook (connected to speakers through Bluetooth).
I have looked in the forum and there was a similar topic a long while ago. The fixes there are either impossible for me because I'm using the W10 app (version 3.3.7165) or do not apply. My tracks are all AAC 44,1 kHz.

When I switch from WASAPI (shared) to Direct Sound in the player output, everything works fine again on both PC's. I don't really hear a quality difference.
I am wondering if this is a W10 problem or Musicbee not being completely compatible with WASAPI. I'm reading of WASAPI problems since the previous Windows update (1809, I think) It could off course be an Asus soundcard problem but they don't really have their own programs/drivers anymore for any of the hardware on board. They use the standard  Windows or Intel drivers. It would also be a great coincidence to have the same issue on 2 completely different PC's from different generations.

I just wanted to share this as a possible bug but am not really looking for a quick solution because Direct Sound works fine for me. Maybe it 'll help some users with similar issues. I'll try WASAPI again in the next Musicbee versions.