Author Topic: Deleting Songs From Playlist Not Syncing to Samsung Galaxy S10  (Read 1249 times)

bclarkomp

I've been using MusicBee for quite awhile now, with no real issues to speak of. I started using it on a Samsung Galaxy S8 with Samsung Music as the app to play the songs on my phone. I would setup a playlist on MusicBee called Phone, and add and delete songs at will. Every time I synced that playlist to the device, it would add or remove songs exactly as I had done it on the playlist, exactly as expected. Songs were and still are set to save to the microSD card as opposed to the storage on the device itself.

I recently upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10. Still using the same microSD card, still using Samsung Music, still using MusicBee. The PC I've been syncing from has remained the same this entire time. Now it will pull in new songs that I add to the playlist when I go to sync, but it doesn't seem to recognize songs I delete from the playlist at all. If I delete some and then sync to the device, it will say that it re-synced the playlist file, and nothing else. I basically have to remove all the songs from the microSD card and re-sync them all to get the updates, or just hunt them down individually on the microSD card myself.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

First, make sure that when you set up the sync for your S10 that you checked the "delete files not in list" option. That seems most likely to be the culprit, but let us know if that's not it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

bclarkomp

Thank you! And embarrassingly enough, yes that was the problem. I swore that I'd already checked that previously since I certainly went through settings in an attempt to figure this out myself. But apparently I either dreamed that or it got unchecked somehow in the process. Thanks very much for the help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Glad it was an easy fix!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)