Author Topic: Android Sync Fails if & after removing files and doesn't sync anything new over  (Read 4552 times)

ACardAttack

So I thought I had this figured out, wiping my sd card was not the fix.  It only seemed the fix as the next couple times I synced data I only copied over songs and didn't have any files removes, and once I had to have Music bee remove files, the problem started over again.

So the bug is anytime musicbee deletes tracks off my sd card, it fails after removing the files, and I have to exit musicbee, reopen it and sync again to get anything new copied over.

I use a Galaxy S8 on Android Pie (9)

The error message I get when it tries to copy the first new song is

"Synchronization has temporarily stalled for 3-10 minutes while the device processes current file operations"

If I'm only syncing over files, it works flawlessly

It could be an update on android that has this issue happening.  I've removed and readded the device to music bee.  I even wiped my sd card, no use

Thanks 

I am on the latest version of muiscbee, windows 10, am not using windows store version.

PS I created another thread as editing my original thread might not have gotten it any attention

frankz

Fails how? The message says it has temporarily stalled. This is expected.  That's why there's a message telling you what to expect.

You haven't indicated any other reason you think it has "failed."  Is there something?

Steven

• Administrator
I suggest trying out the android wifi-sync as it doesnt suffer the long device pauses when files are deleted

ACardAttack

Fails how? The message says it has temporarily stalled. This is expected.  That's why there's a message telling you what to expect.

You haven't indicated any other reason you think it has "failed."  Is there something?

It stops working, it literally says something like error, sync failed after that.  I'd have to run it again to get the actual message, but it hangs on that for awhile and then I get a sync failed message

I suggest trying out the android wifi-sync as it doesnt suffer the long device pauses when files are deleted
I can try that, though it's not a long pause, well it is and after awhile it fails

c0sb0rne

Steven, I've experienced this exact issue using the same device and Android version. The copy will fail on the 1st or 2nd attempt with random exception errors anytime the "Delete File that are not on the auto-sync list from the device" is checked. I've tested this by unchecking the setting, adding new tracks to my playlist, and confirmed the sync completes successfully on the first try.
I removed a track from a playlist, checked the delete setting and the copy fails first try. The sync deletes the tracks successfully but fails on the copy step. Once the tracks are deleted from the device, the sync copies everything without an issue.
Are there any work-arounds available for this? The allotted time it takes to sync to Android is not ideal:

1. 10 - 15 Minutes to load Preview
2. Sync deletes tracks in 5 minutes
3. Copy Fails
4. 10 - 15 Minutes to load Preview again
5. Copy may fail 2nd attempt
6. 10 - 15 Minutes to load Preview
7. Copy is successfully
Screenshots:

phred

• Global Moderator
Are there any work-arounds available for this?
Steven already mentioned the work-around about three or four replies back: try the android wifi sync app.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

c0sb0rne

Are there any work-arounds available for this?
Steven already mentioned the work-around about three or four replies back: try the android wifi sync app.

Thanks Phred! The Android app syncs 10x times faster than the traditional way.
I appreciate the quick response, and excellent job once again Steven.