Author Topic: MusicBee all of a sudden won't open and gets stuck on the splash screen  (Read 2725 times)

bradmmm

Hi guys! So I've been using Musicbee for many years now and I've never had a single problem... until today!

I was using it fine earlier, just like always and then I quit it to play some video games. When I tried to open it again, it just got stuck on the splash screen and has been doing that ever since. It just freezes permanently until I pull up task manager - then it gives me the not responding message and I have to force close it.

Above is a screenshot of what's happening; has anyone come across this before? I'm running on Windows 10 by the way.

I haven't tried reinstalling yet, but that's the next step, I assume. I want to make sure that I keep all of my custom settings/playlists and whatever else - I've spend dozens if not hundreds of hours organising ::)  all of my music; it's super important to me that everything is kept the same way that it is currently.

I appreciate your time! Cheers

Steven

• Administrator

bradmmm

can you post a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

Hey there Steven! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been away from home for quite a while and I totally forgot about this!

I can't open MusicBee at all, it just stays frozen on the opening splash screen image, so I can't go help>support>view settings. Unless I'm confused with what you mean? Is it just one of the files in the MusicBee folder?

Here is a screenshot of my MusicBee folder - is it one of these files?

Cheers for the help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It'll be in the AppData folder
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

bradmmm

It'll be in the AppData folder

Cheers! So, I'm going to take a guess and assume that this is what I'm looking for? - "MusicBee3Settings.ini"

If correct, here is the contents of the .ini file

Hopefully, this is the info you guys need! If not please let me know what I got wrong  :-[  :-X

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
your settings file works fine for me.
Maybe its your security software doing something, or you could also try temporarily renaming the MusicBee/Plugins folder to something else and see if its one of the plugins

bradmmm

your settings file works fine for me.
Maybe its your security software doing something, or you could also try temporarily renaming the MusicBee/Plugins folder to something else and see if its one of the plugins

Cheers for trying, Steven!

I've just reinstalled Windows 10 (for other reasons) while keeping all of my MusicBee stuff and it still does the exact same thing. Renaming the Plugins folder didn't work either.

I think I'll just do a fresh install - do you mind me asking here what I would need to keep to keep my library/playlist settings? Obviously all the metadata is safe and the only other thing I care about losing is my playlists/smart playlists. Everything else I can start from scratch - in fact, I think I want to start everything else fresh to go with my fresh Windows install 🤓

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can find that info on the Backup & Restore page of the wiki
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)