Author Topic: "Search internet for picture" overwrites all pictures if albums share folder  (Read 810 times)

smw

Due to my library being exported from an ipod a long time ago, many of my music files are are in kind of a mess, in a few large folders with hundreds of files each. MusicBee arranges them fine, but when I choose "Search Internet for Picture", it appears to change the picture for all albums that are in that directory, not just the album whose picture I was trying to find. The images embedded in each track seem to be OK, it's just the images shown in Albums & Stats that have the problem.

Steven

• Administrator
I expect all your music files are linking to the same picture. There is no code in MB to wipe out other pictures in a folder

smw

Yes, but is there code to prevent it from overwriting a picture that's already linked to a different album?

Steven

• Administrator
i am saying that when you imported the files into MB or at some point with some operation you performed, all music files are linked to the same picture file. By overwriting that one picture file you will change the picture displayed on all music files in that folder.
You will need to manually link music files to the correct pictures eg. using the Tag Editor/Artwork/ Save To... dialog