Author Topic: Dragging music from Inbox to Library  (Read 3027 times)

cartman005

In previous versions of MusicBee, when I dragged a song from my Inbox to my Library, the file was moved into the Library and deleted from the Inbox. Recently, dragging from Inbox to Library only copies the file. Is there a setting to change this back?

Edit: It seems like this change was intentional. If I drag to the library using the sidebar, the hover text says "Auto-Organize to Files to Music Library". I was previously dragging it to a header tab, where it says "Copy to Music Library".

Steven

• Administrator
I think this could be an unintentional side-effect of a change made. Are the files from the Inbox on the same drive as the root music library folder (usually your user music folder)?
Do you have a library filter active?
Also what version are you using?
Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 06:56:17 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I have had time to look at this and I am not seeing any bugs. When you say drag into your library do you actually mean you are dragging into a computer folder in MB that is in your library?
The other questions, especially which version you are using are also still relevant
Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 07:57:15 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
i can see now whats probably going on in your case - this should address the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

cartman005

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Yes, the files in the Inbox are on the same drive as the music library. That fix didn't seem to help. Here is a gif of what is happening.

Steven

• Administrator
ok, i see what you are doing and i can reproduce. Its fixed now using the same link from above

cartman005