Author Topic: create album  (Read 2761 times)

louf

Received a download of Mark Knopfler "Down The Road Wherever Live 2019". Tracks were downloaded individually how do I add them to my library and arrange them in Album form? Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
Use the Tag Editor. Add the track titles, album titles, track number, year, etc

I strongly suggest that you spend some time with the Wiki, as this is really a very basic question. And tags are the key to making MB work as the excellent music manager it is.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

louf

Thanks for the info and suggestion.

jacktheripper

I strongly suggest that you spend some time with the Wiki, as this is really a very basic question.
Well, the Wiki is not really easy to understand for a newby, all 161 pages of it. I went there, found the magnifying glass and did a search for "create new album" and got four results meaningless to me, a newby. The problem is the Wiki is written and maintained by Hero members who know all the sophisticated concepts, know and use all the obtuse jargon and methods, in what is a very sophisticated program.

A better answer, phred, would have been to say "Go to the Musicbee 101 Tutorial to learn the basic concepts" if there is such a thing (I haven't found it yet). Look at the words in your answer, phread, dismissive and demeaning, don't you think?
iTunes refugee. Six SONOS zones. Harmony Elite Remote/Hub. Alexa enabled house. Using MusicBee for curating music (managing library, creating playlists, etc.). Thank God I'm a Systems Engineer.

frankz

Yes, phred, your demeanor two years ago has also triggered me. 

Please have Dr. Brown pump all the Jigawatts into the DeLorean so you can go back and address the seemingly already satisfied OP using the provided script and direct him to a resource that doesn't exist.  Please use small words.

Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
:)

Yeah, I was wondering what triggered this "reprimand" out of the blue. Perhaps Mr. Ripper, who joined the forum about a year before this thread started, is a slow reader and is just getting to it now. But then again, if he's been using MB for three years and is looking for information on how to create an album, he's also a slow learner.

@Mr. Ripper- If you feel the Wiki is lacking a tutorial, feel free to create it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

jacktheripper

If you feel the Wiki is lacking a tutorial, feel free to create it.
phred...You and I have had better collaborations in the past, like...
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27115.msg152230#msg152230
If you look at that link, and links I put within it, it was my attempt to describe, in a tutorial way, how to use MusicBee with a SONOS system and a NAS, etc. I gave you credit for key suggestions that made my original process better.

While I've been around MusicBee for a while now, I don't use it every day, and still rate myself as a newbie. MusicBee is an extremely powerful program that consequently comes with associated complexity. That complexity is reflected in the Wiki. I was hoping to find a simple answer to a simple question by using a Google search of the the topic. I find that's usually easier to do than other means for getting information. I apologize for my shortness above...
iTunes refugee. Six SONOS zones. Harmony Elite Remote/Hub. Alexa enabled house. Using MusicBee for curating music (managing library, creating playlists, etc.). Thank God I'm a Systems Engineer.

phred

• Global Moderator
The search routine in the forum software (Simple Machines) is as basic as it could be. And not that great. Rather than using the search box (in the upper right) it's better to do an advanced search (magnifying glass to the -left- of the search box. Better still is to use Google search with the syntax
Code
site:getmusicbee.com/forum xxxxx
where xxxxx is your search term(s).
Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 01:08:30 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki