Author Topic: Why does the artist's name appear twice next to the song title?  (Read 2567 times)

sgarciaesteban

I have my music files tagged with multiple artist tag for each artist featured in the song. What I want to do now is use the display artist tag to write to it only the first artist, and in this way last.fm will scrobble only the artist shown in the display artist tag. To keep showing me all the artists and not just the artist saved in the display artist tag I have changed the tag that is displayed in the Track Information panel, in the Playing Track Panel, and in the Main Panel using the Album Covers view. I have been testing this and I have noticed that in the main panel with the album covers view it shows me the first artist twice, and then the other artists, separated with semicolons, as you can see in the screenshots. This does not happen in all songs, but I would say that it only happens in those that the artist of the first artist tag does not match the album artist (either because the album artist is "Various Artists" or the album artist tag is several separated artists with semicolons), I do not know if this last detail can be important for someone to help me. I also attach a screenshot of how I have configured the album covers view of the main panel.
Thank you!

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/9RcBpge

The Incredible Boom Boom

<Artists> is showing all the <Artist> tags + the <Artist (displayed) tag.
Replace it in your settings with one or the other.

sgarciaesteban

Sorry but how can I replace it? In which part of the settings is it?

edcase

So on that first screenshot, remove "Artists" on fields displayed below title.

If you want help finding it through the edit > preferences menu

Layout (1) > Main Panel [Customise Layout] > directly under the selected album or artist [Show Settings] >

which is quite buried, or just

Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 12:51:24 AM by edcase

sgarciaesteban

So on that first screenshot, remove "Artists" on fields displayed below title.

If you want help finding it through the edit > preferences menu

Layout (1) > Main Panel [Customise Layout] > directly under the selected album or artist [Show Settings] >

which is quite buried, or just

If I do this it will show the Display Artist tag, right? I want it to show me all the artists that are saved with the artist tag. In the display artist tag is only saved the first artist (the main artist).

sgarciaesteban

<Artists> is showing all the <Artist> tags + the <Artist (displayed) tag.
Replace it in your settings with one or the other.

Sorry but how can I replace it? In which part of the settings is it?

edcase

So you want it to appear like this?

Where under the title it lists either the multiple split out artist / guest artist etc and if none are there just the plain artist tag.

Make the most basic Virtual Tag: MB> Edit> Preferences> Tags (1)> Define New Tags
Name one of them something, for example I did "PlainTitle" type in there <Title>

Open the display section again

But this time change the top field to your new virtual tag [PlainTitle by example] then choose Artists for the next field, that should do what you want.

[Update/Explanation] You were right to point out that it only happens when the <Artist> tag didn't match the <Album Artist>, by default the title detects the mismatch and displays it, the virtual tag we made get's rid of that function and just displays the track name, thus getting rid of your duplicates. Only dug deeper into some of this stuff a couple of days ago.
Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:11:32 PM by edcase

sgarciaesteban

But this time change the top field to your new virtual tag [PlainTitle by example] then choose Artists for the next field, that should do what you want.

Thank you so much, great solution.