* Queued tracks don't necessarily get added to the end of the current playlist. It might need adding "Queue next (shuffled)" and "Queue last (shuffled)" commands.
Agreed. If it is more welcome, than only one option of both would be enough (at least for my purpose).
* If you have albums selected, does that mean all of the tracks from those albums are shuffled, or do the albums get added in a random order but still play in track order?
For my purpose: All tracks of all selected albums should be added shuffled (without keeping order of albums or track order within it).
* Re #6: What happens if you try to shuffle tracks that aren't in a contiguous selection (i.e. selected with Ctrl+click)?
Good questions. Two solutions:
* only show this new option, if one indeed selected only contiguous tracks (my favorite)
* keep position of all selected tracks, just shuffle them within these positions (could be more difficult to implement)
Do you see any chance it will come in near future?