Author Topic: bass.dll / Musicbee notworking  (Read 2920 times)

morgan109

Hi this is no actual bug but,
On my work computer, Avecto/McAfee/somethingelse is blocking bass.dll I think. Musicbee doesn't work, can't play anything regardless of Windows store edition or Installer.
I get this error message (in swedish unfortunately)

What to do? I don't have Admin rights to close those 'security apps' and don't think requesting this to IT-support will be productive.

phred

• Global Moderator
Get rid of the Store version. Download and use the portable. Be sure to place the portable version in something like C:\MusicBee and -not- into a Windows UAC directory.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

morgan109

Hi,
So I installed portable version like you said and didn't' get the error after installation. But it's still the same problem.

UI doesn't load correctly, no player, can't play external music files either. On my previous W7 Work PC (with the same security), I had no problems.

Edit: Opened preferences, went to player then got this:

Error message:
MusicBee v3.3.7165.34284 (Win10.0), 22 okt 2019 14:24:

System.TypeInitializationException: Typinitieraren för #=z6e$J6m9fRGu8fsE3E7ApgKY= utlöste ett undantag. ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to load 'c:\program files (x86)\musicbee\bass.dll'
   vid #=zCMaSRNnJCqtBTKKZmRgg94M=.#=zqguruO4uX9nJhib3bQ==(String #=zH2COsxe3vUru)
   vid #=z6e$J6m9fRGu8fsE3E7ApgKY=..cctor()
   --- Slut på stackspårning för interna undantag ---
   vid #=z6e$J6m9fRGu8fsE3E7ApgKY=.#=zvd_xwPfWTQgQit4n3A==()
   vid #=zSy1VA8m52scTsGJHeV5brRI=.#=zT3lGnlSG9XmUE7M6iw==()
   vid #=z7kipSOagcObKfQMCW6tTVkJd$$Lk.#=zrQ69476S0K4vaDsgiwlOyKY=(Object #=zySAfqQw=, EventArgs #=z2hFhQMw=)
   vid #=zQng_bqUenNzGG4bhdhq2RJiPNBgf.#=zhcLTtCmQt5dD()
   vid #=zQng_bqUenNzGG4bhdhq2RJiPNBgf.#=zymOzZ0dGe58y(Int32 #=zO3uKGTk=)
   vid #=z7kipSOagcObKfQMCW6tTVkJd$$Lk..ctor()
   vid #=z4uPK4Y8pdmJkXEGF9sosr2Y=.#=zFYOBuUjtlPPeLfZzlw==(Object #=zySAfqQw=, EventArgs #=z2hFhQMw=)
   vid #=z78Euauk7vGCFW$hdm_2U0jI=.#=zwSjn3e_c0uwI(#=zTdDrcilXTlOO5kFfsi9FM9XP0xsm #=z2hFhQMw=)
   vid #=z78Euauk7vGCFW$hdm_2U0jI=.#=zVCsVI5Gvj0yL.#=zZUAnX_2sOnTX(Int32 #=zJp8qAqc=, Boolean #=z$a4W3NFVeMlD, Boolean #=znDcNw$z_CVSt)
   vid #=z78Euauk7vGCFW$hdm_2U0jI=.#=zVCsVI5Gvj0yL.#=zjzXClMt$R0H6e_THRw==(Int32 #=zJp8qAqc=, Keys #=znpBAe7o=)
   vid #=z78Euauk7vGCFW$hdm_2U0jI=.#=zVCsVI5Gvj0yL.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs #=z2hFhQMw=)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid #=zk$vucnNFkoRog0UZZ3lvjpQ=.WndProc(Message& #=zgyjfhZ0=)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   vid System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:29:13 PM by morgan109

frankz

Download and use the portable. Be sure to place the portable version in something like C:\MusicBee and -not- into a Windows UAC directory.
System.TypeInitializationException: Typinitieraren för #=z6e$J6m9fRGu8fsE3E7ApgKY= utlöste ett undantag. ---> System.ApplicationException: Unable to load 'c:\program files (x86)\musicbee\bass.dll'

morgan109

Download and use the portable. Be sure to place the portable version in something like C:\MusicBee and -not- into a Windows UAC directory.

Ok thought I'd put just the installer in 'C:\'. Reinstalled now in 'C:\', same problem.

Steven

• Administrator
If you retrieve an earlier version of bass.dll from an older MB version, it might work. Otherwise you would need your IT team to whitelist MB

sveakul

Ok thought I'd put just the installer in 'C:\'. Reinstalled now in 'C:\', same problem.

It sounds like you are using the "Installer" version, not the "Portable" one.  Uninstall every MusicBee instance you have.  Then, download the Portable version from this link:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/aclnp3sdzb9yn94/MusicBeePortable_3_3_Update1.zip/file .

Don't install it yet.  First make a folder yourself called "MusicBee" directly on your C: drive, like C:\MusicBee.  Then, unzip the portable package, run the exe inside, and point it to "C:\MusicBee" when it asks where you want to put it.

morgan109

It sounds like you are using the "Installer" version, not the "Portable" one.  Uninstall every MusicBee instance you have.  Then, download the Portable version from this link:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/aclnp3sdzb9yn94/MusicBeePortable_3_3_Update1.zip/file .

Don't install it yet.  First make a folder yourself called "MusicBee" directly on your C: drive, like C:\MusicBee.  Then, unzip the portable package, run the exe inside, and point it to "C:\MusicBee" when it asks where you want to put it.

I did just that. Copied all bass.dll from my home PC. That doesn't fix this issue either :(
Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:22:46 PM by morgan109

phred

• Global Moderator
I did just that. Copied all bass.dll from my home PC. That doesn't fix this issue either :(

If you retrieve an earlier version of bass.dll from an older MB version, it might work. Otherwise you would need your IT team to whitelist MB

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sneezypb

My computer's Cylance Protect install blocks bass.dll and bass_winamp.dll for version 3.3.7165. I followed the above and installed a copy in C:\Portable\MusicBee and those are blocked there too. (Annoying because Cylance wasn't configured to show notifications. Once, I turned that on, I see a pop-up every time it blocks these.)

Uninstalled and found a copy of 3.2.6902 and installed it. It seems to play now.

phred

• Global Moderator
My computer's Cylance Protect install blocks bass.dll and bass_winamp.dll for version 3.3.7165. I followed the above and installed a copy in C:\Portable\MusicBee and those are blocked there too. (Annoying because Cylance wasn't configured to show notifications. Once, I turned that on, I see a pop-up every time it blocks these.)

Uninstalled and found a copy of 3.2.6902 and installed it. It seems to play now.
Big mistake using a version that old. There have been many, many fixes and improvements since then. The simple solution would be to whitelist those dll files in your AV software.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki