Author Topic: m3u8(#ext) type playlists?  (Read 1244 times)

EPa

Hi,

is there a way to export m3u8 playlists plus the #ext lines ?

I need to export m3u8 (for playlists containing unicode characters) and also m3u(#ext) (for playlists of internet radios with description) automatically. The functionality is there, but I can only select one-for-all-cases type in the "Library > exported playlists:" option. If I select m3u8 I don't have #ext lines, if I select m3u(#ext) I don't have unicode characters.

I guess a solution would be to add the m3u8(#ext) type. There is only m3u(#ext) now and it seems only reasonable for the corresponding unicode playlist type to also exist. Maybe it could be implemented in the next version?

Another solution would be to support a per playlist option of the exported type. Like presenting a type option, next to the "Playlist settings... >  automatically export a static copy" option... then one could choose the exported type per playlist.

Of course implementing both of the above would be best!

Thank you and keep up the awesome work!

wysocki

I totally agree. These days there are many devices and players that take advantage of the more verbose forms of the M3U playlist, such as this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:317,Space Oddity - David Bowie
D:\Music 1\David Bowie\Changeonebowie\01 Space Oddity.mp3
#EXTINF:232,Back On The Chain Gang - Pretenders
D:\Music1\Pretenders\The Singles\08 Back On The Chain Gang.mp3
...etc...

It would be a very minor effort to have MB create the additional tags and song title lines to the M3U file (not sure what kind of coding would be needed for the unicode versions). When MB only creates the full filepath, my car players and HTPC remotes display that lengthy path and the sometimes-confusing filenames. Kind of a step backwards towards the 8 character file name system! I love the ton of customization MB provides, this should really be included.