Author Topic: Album Art Showing Incorrectly After File Transfer to Phone  (Read 1643 times)

Emkay

Hi there,

So all my album art is embedded through MusicBee. It works great on my PC, 99% of the time the right artwork shows up for the .mp3 files I have. After putting the files through MusicBee and getting the art embedded, I usually transfer newly-downloaded music to my Andriod SD card via a simple USB file transfer.

Though the normal album art shows up on both MusicBee as well as the actual files on my PC (I tested them in another music player to see if the album art would display too, and it did), when I transfer to my phone every single album picture on each file seems to be overwritten by this single album cover:

I'M SORRY IT'S SO BIG. It's the only picture I could find of it.

Now I recall this being an automatic album-art add that MusicBee did on one of my recent music files maybe two weeks ago. It was incorrect, so I fixed it through MusicBee by right clicking on the art while the track was playing and "Pasting" the artwork I wanted. It seemed to work fine, I've done this on numerous other tracks, so I thought nothing of it.

But now literally every single music file that I transfer to my phone is overwritten by this one image. Is there any way I can stop this?

Cheers!
Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 09:30:49 PM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

What are your artwork transfer settings for syncing? I can think of ways this could happen, but it depends on how artwork is synced and also where your phone is looking for it.

It also may be related to the fact that MusicBee doesn't actually write to a file while it's playing, so something may have gone wrong in the background when you updated the artwork. Normally I think MB just updates the files as soon as it's done.
Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 09:30:21 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Emkay

Hi, welcome to the forum!

What are your artwork transfer settings for syncing? I can think of ways this could happen, but it depends on how artwork is synced and also where your phone is looking for it.

It's also may be related to the fact that MusicBee doesn't actually write to a file while it's playing, so something may have gone wrong in the background when you updated the artwork. Normally I think MB just updates the files as soon as it's done.

Hi, thanks for replying! I'm not 100% familiar with MB quite yet, let me know if this isn't what you're asking for. When I first downloaded MB I did some fiddling around in the settings, but I don't remember what I changed.

Is there anything glaringly wrong with my settings?

But yeah, to me it feels like there's just one stray file or something that's causing this issue, I just have no idea where to look for it. I did some troubleshooting and apparently there could be one called "cover.jpg" hanging around which can cause issues, and I did a computer-wide search and found one, but it has no location on my computer so it just seems like metadata left over. I dunno :/

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's part of it, thanks. What are the sync settings for your phone related to artwork? And how do you normally sync files?

Since it's showing up on your phone, and not in MusicBee, definitely check your phone for a stray folder.jpg or something like that. See if you can find out where your player on the phone looks for artwork.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Emkay

That's part of it, thanks. What are the sync settings for your phone related to artwork? And how do you normally sync files?

Since it's showing up on your phone, and not in MusicBee, definitely check your phone for a stray folder.jpg or something like that. See if you can find out where your player on the phone looks for artwork.

Okay, I checked my phone but there are no mysterious files. I think I might wipe my phone's library and then re-transfer all my songs back to it and see if that works. I'm not sure what you mean by sync, but my transferring of the files is just via a USB into the SD card in my phone. I'm not sure how to find where my player looks for artwork, I'm certain all I'm doing is embedding the files.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So you're just copying the files to your phone with Windows Explorer rather than using MusicBee's sync command?

Let us know how readding the library goes. If that doesn't do the trick, which player are you using?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)