Author Topic: Files in a computer folder are showing up with info from library files  (Read 745 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Here's a bizarre one.  I've been importing a lot of CDs lately, and my workflow is this:

1) Rip CD with iTunes (to a folder that's outside MusicBee's library and monitored folders)
2) Navigate to the ripped files in MB computer's node
3) Do some basic tagging
4) Drag files to monitored folder (also in computer node) for importing to MusicBee

What I've noticed in the past day or two is that if the ripped files match files in my library, they will be shown in the other folder with info from the library, including bitrate, tags, etc. (This is prior to any tagging.) Well, some version of the library, I think. In this case, and at least one other I've seen, the bitrate doesn't match the version in the library, either. If I look at Properties, the file path is correct, but the capitalized extension is not.

See below. A general rescan doesn't help, and restarting MusicBee doesn't help. A rescan of that specific file will usually fix it.

Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:45:42 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
The only thing i can think of is a file that had the same file path was previously cached. If you run "Tools/ Advanced/ Compress Library" then that will remove any cached file data that is no longer referenced from the library or a playlist

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I think that makes sense. There've been a lot of files in and out of that folder. Compress Library removed 26,000 files! O_O
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)