Author Topic: Theatre mode "Artist Pictures" more pictures  (Read 19533 times)

stardepp

I like the screensaver theatre mode "Artist Pictures" very much, especially because it displays changing artist images. But the artist images are only changed once in 60 seconds. A song is on average 3 minutes long, so you only see three artist pictures per song.

In the folder
Code
C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\TheaterMode.List

I opened the file
Code
Artist Pictures.xml

and edited this file:

The default setting is "50" for
Code
<settings rotationPeriod="50" />
<theaterMode>

So value 50 means 60 seconds, I set this value to value 10 or to value 100, but the change of the artist pictures remained at 60 seconds.

So how can I change the value so that the artist images change every 10 or 20 seconds?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
...how can I change the value so that the artist images change every 10 or 20 seconds?

My gallery pic rotation of 30 seconds is set in the element like this...

Code
<element type="Gallery" x="24" y="24" widthDock="x:Panel.Right" width="-24" heightDock="y:Panel.89" height="0" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" fillColor="0,0,0,0" interval="30" tags="artist"></element>
Not sure, but I think 30 is the minimum to limit network activity...
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 10:42:15 AM by Freddy Barker

stardepp

@Freddy Barker  Thank you very much for your answer. But where do I put your code exactly, in the
Code
Artist Pictures.xml

You want me to put the line of code
Code
<settings rotationPeriod="300" />
replace with your code or should I put your code at the end of this file or between
Code
</element>
and
Code
</root>
see screenshots:

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
@Freddy Barker  Thank you very much for your answer. But where do I put your code exactly, in the

Code
<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" interval="30" tags="artist"></element>
Sorry I didn't make that very clear!!

The interval="30" needs to be added to the element <element type="Gallery" in the file Artist Picture.xml

as in the CODE above, (or you could just copy and paste into your "Artist Picture.xml")..

Probably best to REMOVE the
Code
<settings rotationPeriod="300" />
(as it may take precedence over the Gallery element setting).

Freddy
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 01:09:45 PM by Freddy Barker

stardepp

@Freddy Barker Thank you for your effort. Now this theatre mode changes the artist's picture every 30 seconds. For testing I changed the value to 10 in the code line
Code
interval="30"
Why doesn't this code react to the value of 10 seconds? If
Code
interval="30"
means 30 seconds, then
Code
interval="10"
should mean 10 seconds, right?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
@Freddy Barker Thank you for your effort. Now this theatre mode changes the artist's picture every 30 seconds. For testing I changed the value to 10 in the code line
Code
interval="10
should mean 10 seconds, right?

Yes, you're correct, 10 WOULD be 10 seconds, but i'm sure @Steven restricted the minimum duration to 30 seconds to limit network traffic / activity...

Freddy

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Yeah, well, I'm addicted to music 🎼🎶🔊💿🎤🎧📯🎸🎹🪕

Not sure about addicted, but I do love all sorts of music  :D
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:40:38 PM by Freddy Barker

stardepp

Hello, Freddy.

Could you kindly help me on this subject again?

Since I have a new PC and forgot to make a backup of MusicBee, the above mentioned change is also gone.

I inserted it like this, but it doesn't work, I mean, the pictures don't change every 30 seconds. What have I done wrong? See first arrow: I have removed "<settings rotationPeriod="300" />". should I leave the empty line or remove it?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hello stardepp,

My adivice, albeit too late, is always make backups  :D

I'm sure its still ok to remove the line <settings rotationPeriod="300" />, from the XML. and just leave the blank space, (unless someone knows different?).

Also, in the line of code that starts <element type="Gallery", you just need to change interval="60" to interval="30", in order to have the artist pic change every 30 seconds.

Freddy

stardepp

Yes I changed <element type="Gallery", you just need to change interval="60" to interval="30", but unfortunately the artist images are still not changed every 30 seconds, even if I removed the empty line from <settings rotationPeriod="300" />.

stardepp

The same is written in both lines, see arrows in the screenshot. Could the mistake have anything to do with this?

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
The second entry at the end of the page where your second red arrow is, (just before </root>), is not required, and should have displayed an error....