Author Topic: Hotkey to switch between librairies  (Read 1005 times)

Imjusthereforthemusic

Hi!

I've been using Musicbee for the last few months and I love it, there's only one thing that I find unpractical: switching between librairies. I only have two librairies, but I find it a bit annoying to have to go through 4 menus and sub-menus to switch between them.

I looked around on the forum and saw a thread from 2011 (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=2513.0) where someone asked for such a hotkey and you created one, but I can't find it now in the settings.

Am I just not looking in the right place or has it disappeared? If so, I'd love to have it back, to save me a massive 4 clicks. ;)

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
I know this  is not what you're asking for, but do you know that holding down the SHIFT key when starting MB will bring up the 'choose library' dialog?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

It was added for the then actual 2.5 version, but removed again with 3.x.
I am guessing because with 3.x it became available by using only two clicks using the header of the left main panel.
But when you have the left main panel hidden it will indeed take more clicks.

Or, if you set the panel to 'hide(auto-open)' you can still do it with only two clicks.

Imjusthereforthemusic

I know this  is not what you're asking for, but do you know that holding down the SHIFT key when starting MB will bring up the 'choose library' dialog?

I didn't know that, thanks for the tip!

I am guessing because with 3.x it became available by using only two clicks using the header of the left main panel.

I think I have the left main panel enabled, that's where you see the album thumbnails, right? If so, when I right click on the header (or anywhere else for that matter) I see no option to switch between librairies either.

hiccup

I think I have the left main panel enabled, that's where you see the album thumbnails, right? If so, when I right click on the header (or anywhere else for that matter) I see no option to switch between librairies either.

I'm sorry, my mistake; I meant the left sidebar, not the left main panel.

Imjusthereforthemusic

Oh, right! I found it, that's already a much better way to switch between the two, thank you.

I still think a hotkey would be very useful, though! :)