Author Topic: Yet Another Lyrics Helper  (Read 2333 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I just came across a  little app that helps find lyrics called MediaHuman Lyrics Finder and is available from https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/

Note that it called out to Google Analytics a few times during installation and first launch, which I temporarily blocked in my firewall. After the first launch I unblocked it and it hasn't shown up again.

This will not automatically add lyrics to your track but will display them so you can copy and paste. Or you can opt for them to be saved as a text file one at a time (on right-clcik) or all at once.

I can't figure out what it uses as a source, but if it can't find the lyrics you can right-click and it opens up one of four (user-selectable) weibsites: Google, Bing, Yahoo, or Yandex.

In my small test I'd say it's got a better than 50% success rate. You can configure it as one of MB's external tools, put it in the menu bar and/or hotkey.

At this point I don't think it's better than the LyricsReloaded (Updated) plugin, but it's always nice to have another tool in the box.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Terry Walker

Exactly, you're right. Actually, it catches my interest. <thumbs up>

awakensoul

Yeah, It helps me also! Thanks for posting this.