Author Topic: Unable to read CD track 'Track 01'  (Read 10287 times)

BillH

No, my broadband is consistently between 430 and 480 Mbps.  I have checked Task Manager and nothing else is running at the time that is using any resources to speak of.  My PC has 64 gb of memory so I don't think it is a memory problem.

What you say about iTunes is true which is why I'm surprised iTunes is working and MusicBee is having a problem for me.

What is weird is that MusicBee is definitely getting the info from the disc because it is correctly putting the track title, artist and album in the main window heading and putting the track title, artist, and time on the upcoming tracks in the now playing tab.  The only place it seems to be unable to put the info is in the track listing in the main window for some reason.

Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
What is weird is that MusicBee is definitely getting the info from the disc because it is correctly putting the track title, artist and album in the main window heading and putting the track title, artist, and time on the upcoming tracks in the now playing tab.  The only place it seems to be unable to put the info is in the track listing in the main window for some reason.

Bill

Your PC and network sounds like its capable.. ;) Windows 10 with all the updates??
I feel your pain..
Worst case scenario / Work around / Bodge, if you're gonna keep iTunes, you can keep it to rip CD's and import and tag using MB.
Do you have very big CD collection to rip?, or are you constantly buying more?

BillH

I am on Windows 10 with all the updates applied.  I have been using iTunes to rip for the last couple weeks.  I had uninstalled iTunes because I liked MB so much better, but with the problem I reinstalled it just to do the ripping.  I have about 500 CDs and have ripped most of those, but I do buy new ones once in a while. 

Since the problem only started about 2 or 3 weeks ago for me, I've thought about going back to an older version of MB to see if it works for me.  Is this easy to do without losing any settings, lyrics, or album covers?  I'm thinking the lyrics and album covers should be ok as I embed the lyrics in the music file and have the album covers in cover.jpg files.

If I uninstall the current version and install on older version will I retain my settings and panel layouts?  I am currently on 3.3.7224.  I was thinking of going back to 3.3.7114.

Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
If I uninstall the current version and install on older version will I retain my settings and panel layouts?  I am currently on 3.3.7224.  I was thinking of going back to 3.3.7114.

Sounds like a plan as long as any MB settings are backed up somewhere safe...
Doubt you'll need to uninstall, only apply the patch of the older version and replace the newer..

To be safe, download the portable version of MB, install into one folder, for example D:\MUSICBEE
Add a few tracks to to create a new library and do test a rip...

BillH

I looked back and saw that I had installed 3.3.7165 on August 14th.  That version worked fine until a few weeks ago so maybe that is the version I should revert to.  You mention applying the patch for an older version over the newer version.  Is that the same thing as running the setup file?  I have MusicBee 3_3_7165 Update1.zip.  If I need a patch file, where would I get that?

Thanks,
Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I looked back and saw that I had installed 3.3.7165 on August 14th.  That version worked fine until a few weeks ago so maybe that is the version I should revert to.  You mention applying the patch for an older version over the newer version.  Is that the same thing as running the setup file?  I have MusicBee 3_3_7165 Update1.zip.  If I need a patch file, where would I get that?

Thanks,
Bill

That should be fine if you have the zip for that version you think will work ok...

All versions and patches are available by request if required.....
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29783.0
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 08:27:48 PM by Freddy Barker

phred

• Global Moderator
Not quite accurate.
As shown at that link, I have the last full portable release for 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Not quite accurate.
As shown at that link, I have the last full portable release for 2.5, 3.0, 3.1, and 3.2.

Thanks for update!
I was almost sure that I found somewhere that had access to all patches?
Maybe not  ;)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Thanks Freddy.
Bill

If the rollback to the old patched version works out, maybe you could post here so that others having similar issues can get a fix...
Also, if it can be shown that the issue is fixed, then Steven may want to investigate to see what changed between the two patches..
Good luck! Freddy
Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:33:46 PM by Freddy Barker

BillH

@Freddy

I reverted to 3.3.7165 and that didn't help.  So then I applied the patches from 3.3.7224 which is the version I was on which was having the problems.  I reapplied this because it did have fixes that Steven had done for my problem.

So far that seems to have helped a lot.  So far the track title, album, and artist are appearing in the track listing on the main window almost all the time.  I've had a few times where it showed Track 01, 02, etc.  Using View > Refresh caused the info to show. 

I'm not sure what going back to 3.3.7165 and then reapplying the 3.3.7224 patch did, but it seems to have worked (at least for now).  I'll keep watching it and post if it starts to have problems again.

Thanks for you help.

Bill

Steven

• Administrator
I can assure you nothing has been changed in MusicBee for CD handling, probably for years. The only thing is basscd.dll has been updated by the bass developer.
I am going to have one more look at this as I have an idea what might be going wrong.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
@Freddy

I reverted to 3.3.7165 and that didn't help.  So then I applied the patches from 3.3.7224 which is the version I was on which was having the problems.  I reapplied this because it did have fixes that Steven had done for my problem.

So far that seems to have helped a lot.  So far the track title, album, and artist are appearing in the track listing on the main window almost all the time.  I've had a few times where it showed Track 01, 02, etc.  Using View > Refresh caused the info to show.  

I'm not sure what going back to 3.3.7165 and then reapplying the 3.3.7224 patch did, but it seems to have worked (at least for now).  I'll keep watching it and post if it starts to have problems again.

Thanks for you help.

Bill

@Bill -  You're welcome!
@Steven - Thanks very much for taking one more look  :D

FYI
Today I ripped 10 CD's, some old some new, on a 10 year old Laptop that started life as Win 7, now Win 10, only thing I've changed is an SSD for the HDD.
Using the latest MusicBee v3.3.7225 [P] to rip, verify, encode, analyse volume and add tracks to library, no issues at all..
Maybe you have a operating system poltergeist!
Freddy
Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:35:26 PM by Freddy Barker

BillH

I can assure you nothing has been changed in MusicBee for CD handling, probably for years. The only thing is basscd.dll has been updated by the bass developer.
I am going to have one more look at this as I have an idea what might be going wrong.

Steven,

Thanks for looking into this.  It is very weird.  Something in my system is probably causing the problem somehow, but it is weird that it just started a couple weeks ago and doesn't impact iTunes, only MusicBee.  The problem seems to be less now after my reverting to 3.3.7165 and reapplying the 3.3.7224 patch. 

Maybe I have a poltergeist as Freddy suggested.   :(

Thanks,
Bill

Steven

• Administrator
try this version which i think should work in all cases

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files