Author Topic: Unable to read CD track 'Track 01'  (Read 10150 times)

Steven

• Administrator
error 12 means the bass library doesnt think there is a CD inserted.
Can you confirm i have this right - you insert the cd; the tracks display in the main panel (probably as Track 01, 02 etc); you double click one and this error pops up?

BillH

Not quite.  I have MusicBee closed.  I insert a CD.  MusicBee opens and I get the error immediately although the CD starts playing fine.  Then sometimes the tracks appear as Track 01, 02, etc. in the main window and sometimes the tracks don't appear at all.  If I go to the Now Playing tab all of the songs names, artist, and times are displayed just fine.

Bill

BillH

I just ran another test with MusicBee already open when the CD is inserted.

In this scenario, the CD does not start playing.  The tracks started to show a second or so before getting the error message. The tracks showed in the main window as Track 01, 02, etc.  I clicked on play and the CD started to play.  I went to the Now Playing tab and the tracks show as Track 01, 02, etc, there is no artist shown, but the times display correctly.

Thanks,
Bill

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce this with auto-play enabled. I will see what i can do

Steven

• Administrator

BillH

Steven,

Thanks for the fix.  I tried it and it seems to have gotten rid of the error message, but I still am getting Track 01, 02, etc.  on the main window with no album name or artist name although the track time is shown.  The correct track name, artist, and album title show a the top of the main window and all looks fine on the Now Playing tab.

https://imgur.com/a/qFwU8Kl

Thanks,
Bill
Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 09:23:08 PM by BillH

BillH

Steven,

In further testing with the same CD I find that usually I get no track title, album, or artist in the main window.  However, occasionally I do get them... maybe 10% of the time or less.

The CD always plays fine.  The track title, artist, and album name do appear in the heading of the main window always.  The Now Playing Upcoming Tracks always shows the track
title and artist name.

Thanks,
Bill

BillH

Steven,

No change in results.  Still getting no track title, album, or artist on main window.

Blil

Steven

• Administrator

BillH

Steven,

I'm not sure I understand.  I have no problem at all in iTunes, but in MusicBee I can't get it to show the track names, artist, and album.  I used MB without problems for a couple of months and then started having this problem a few weeks ago.

Since iTunes works fine and MusicBee has the problem it appears to be a problem in MusicBee.  Why wouldn't you be able to continue to help? I would really like to use MB, I like it a lot.  Is there any way I can provide additional debugging or tracing or anything that might help?

Thanks,
Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Steven,

I'm not sure I understand.  I have no problem at all in iTunes, but in MusicBee I can't get it to show the track names, artist, and album.  I used MB without problems for a couple of months and then started having this problem a few weeks ago.

Since iTunes works fine and MusicBee has the problem it appears to be a problem in MusicBee.  Why wouldn't you be able to continue to help? I would really like to use MB, I like it a lot.  Is there any way I can provide additional debugging or tracing or anything that might help?

Thanks,
Bill

Works fine for me, although the Track Details do take a second or two to populate with the appropriate info, and this I think, is provided by Gracenote (??)

Just saying (and hope this helps)..
Freddy

BillH

About 10% of the time (or maybe less) I do get that info after waiting a few seconds, but usually I never get it.  If it is a problem with my system and not with MB (which may very well be the case), then it still seems to be something specific to the way MB works since iTunes doesn't have any problems.  Wish I could figure out what is causing the problem.  I'd much rather use MB.

Bill

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
About 10% of the time (or maybe less) I do get that info after waiting a few seconds, but usually I never get it.  If it is a problem with my system and not with MB (which may very well be the case), then it still seems to be something specific to the way MB works since iTunes doesn't have any problems.  Wish I could figure out what is causing the problem.  I'd much rather use MB.

Bill

Is it possible you have sluggish Broadband, causing slow or clunky network?

Have you looked at Windows Task Manager to see what other services are running when you stick the CD in?

With iTunes, it's more likely to have lots of 'junk' and overkill stuff going on than MusicBee... ???
Something may be triggered by the Crapple software when using CD tray, thus causing duplication making it seem like MB is the culprit... 

Hope you get to the bottom of it! - Freddy
Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:40:05 PM by Freddy Barker