Author Topic: Additional Grouping / Sorting Options For the Main Panel  (Read 1109 times)

Thalion Korvhas

Can we please get an option to group / sort albums into multiple rows in the main window under artist/album view? This is my idea from trying to handle multiple masterings of the same album via this thread that I started https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=29674.msg165622#msg165622.

The current options to group / sort different versions of albums (masterings for example) currently available are sort of workarounds that can become messy over time or are not fully efficient. In my opinion there is not an efficient way to handle this in musicbee at the moment. I have found a workaround that I am not 100% happy with by using the disc # option for each mastering (see the thread).

This is the idea (just a random example): I have an artist with a large discography of 15 albums. I want to keep 3 versions of the discography: #1 the original masterings / reissues, #2 2008 remasters, #3 2017 remasters. That is potentially 45 albums. Unless i name the same albums different names there will be 3 of the same album side by side 45 albums long (not efficient). Can we please have an option to sort multiple versions of an album (or by any user defined tag) into multiple rows. If I have 3 versions of the albums, when I click on the artist, instead of one row of albums appearing - three rows appear (one for each mastering or whatever tag that I choose). That would be an efficient way to handle this I think. Please consider this. It has more uses than just the one I want to use it for.

<Edit> Also, an optional header about each row would also be great (based on a custom tag).
Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:18:28 AM by Thalion Korvhas