Author Topic: Major problems with SD card and Android phone  (Read 1232 times)

nanohead

Very long time Musicbee user here (since almost the beginning  8) )

Have just had a completely unexpected set of behaviors while trying to copy music to an internal SD card on an Android phone.

I generally have just inserted the SD card into my computer, as Musicbee doesn't really like SD cards as a separate volume inside portable devices.  Wasn't ideal, but worked nonetheless

Today though, I figured I'd try to copy to an internal SD card again with the new version.  The "Send To" context menu did not show the SD card, but the new tab up top seemed a bit more agreeable.  I dragged my songs to that new tab, at which point Musicbee unceremoniously went non responsive, which is fine as I have 119,000 songs in my library and it needs to get its indexing breath from time to time.

But, then, out of nowhere, it started actually "MOVING" my files, and labeling them incorrectly to boot.  OK, so I can deal with that I guess, but I then have to understand which songs it actually moved, as the songs on the SD card had butchered names and broken ID3 tags

Next, I tried to move them back to the main library by using the context menu, but there was no option to do anything from the SD card inside the phone.  They seemed to be destined to the SD card graveyard!

So I then had to remove the card from the phone, read the tags directly in Windows file explorer, the manually place them back on my file server.

Not entirely sure what happened actually.  Me being a functional idiot, its likely something I did, but usually, Musicbee can accommodate most scenarios.  But this one was challenging

Is there actually any way to copy files directly to the SD card while its living in the phone?

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
I have changed the logic when dragging to the tab header so it should default to copy when doing this type of operation

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files