Author Topic: Darker Pop for Party, Background and Visualizer  (Read 12126 times)

Greb

I have been trying to get a nice 'party' or 'background' mode and I think I got (more or less) it.

I used the Darker Pop Flat slightly changed to look darker in the floating window. So, in case you want it, follow the following instructions:

(1) Download the skin: http://www.mediafire.com/?8dj2v97z4brrya3

(2) I would recommend you to choose 'Run in portable' mode in preferences and to make a copy of the 'MusicBee' directory (as 'MusicBee Altern' for example). You can do every change over this alternative version so you don't need to change back the original one.  ;)

(3) In 'preferences>now playing panel' don't show lyrics, show player list arranged vertically and show artwork at the left of the panel, 80 to 100 px size.

(4) Display the player in the right sidebar (top).

(5) Choose your CD, playlist or Auto DJ

(6) Lock Down (in the view menu) but NOT with the fullscreen mode.

(7) Maximize (yeap, it goes fullscreen)

(8 ) Show the Artist Visualizer

(9) Choose 'View > Now Playing Panel > Show in a Floating Window'

Et voilĂ :  ;D

Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:33:45 PM by Greb

VX

It looks so great and very original. I haven't seen the player with such layout.  8) Thanks Greb  :)

It would be much easier, if there is an option to select this layout form MusicBee / View / Quick Layout... menu.

Steven

• Administrator
i see its showing the player controls twice so i will fix that. Its a great look what you have done there

Maleko12

Wow this is STUNNING! Didn't think MB could look like that at all.

It would be much easier, if there is an option to select this layout form MusicBee / View / Quick Layout... menu.

QFT.

Greb

It looks nice, but it's a bit cumbersome  :-\  I have a secondary portable musicbee directory to avoid changing the settings. And the skin looks nice with this layout, but looks messy with a 'normal' layout.

Problem with the skin is that this only looks well when background is very dark, that affects the normal layout because is the normal element.

Steven, I keep thinking that MusicBee could look gorgeous very easily. Adding a new Form and using part of the code you already have it could look that way:

That way, it would have several advantages:

- Being a different Form, the elements are different and can have their own colours, so no need to mess up the main layout appearance.
- It could have some transparence.
- It could have their own settings, so no need to change the setting of the main layour (as the artwork pixel size).

I just leave it there....  ;D

Steven

• Administrator