Author Topic: 'Darker Pop Serie' 54 skins  (Read 20697 times)

Greb

Note: this post comes from the Tweaked Darker one. Those skins have been done mixing and tweaking the Dark and the Pop ones.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?53qyp6fny9y6aap

LINK UPDATED March 17th because a problem with dependant skins and artwork view. Now the artwork view looks darker (as it was supposed to be). March 18th because the addition of a couple of new colours, and some minor fix to the rest of them. March 21th because some minor colour changes in 'preferences' and 'auto DJ', a couple of new colours and some new bitmaps sent by Steven. March 29th added more colours. April 6th, small red dot in the form corner deleted.

Instructions:

1. Extract the zip file in the skin folder ('Musicbee\skins'). The zip file contains two folders: extract both of them in 'Musicbee\skins' directly, so skins should appear in 'Musicbee\skins\Darker Pop' and 'Musicbee\skins\Darker Pop Flat'.

2. You're going to need the 1.2.4086 version or higher

SOME IMAGES

Slategrey (flat)

Stateblue (flat)

Olive (flat)

Teal (flat)

Burnt Orange (flat)

Crimson (flat)

Salmon

Forest

Crimson

Flammeous

Pinkie

Mustard

Raw Sienna (flat)

Green Apple (flat)

Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:24:12 AM by Greb

Greb

Bonus: I tweaked a bit the Smooth Grey skin from Rotem K.

It's here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dcze58pzunxwj2e

It uses dependant skins, so version 4086 or higher is required.

This is how it looks in blue:

BUT, I was not able to change the boder colours in some element, what leads to this look when doing it darker:

¿Anybody knows how to change it?

Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:46:37 PM by Greb

VX

Thank you very much Greb  :)
I'll have a closer look at the updated skins.

Really nice and original splash screen BTW  8)

Greb

You're welcome. I only tweaks a bit. Real work is have been done one from the beginning.

Really nice and original splash screen BTW  8)

Warhol still rocks  ;D

VX

Greb, just tried to use Your colour choices form dependent skins with other skins (Asylum White, Honeycomb, Midnight, MusicBee Default, Smooth Grey, Spotify B...) and it looks awesome  :D

I hope Steven include the skin set with the next major MB update (alongside the new Sarge skins  :))

The only drawback with changing the root name in a dependent skin to make it work with another one is that I have to write the name in the line <root dependsOn="NEW NAME"> manually. Not a big deal even for a lazy guy, but I hope it could be automated somehow. What do you think  ???

Greb

The only drawback with changing the root name in a dependent skin to make it work with another one is that I have to write the name in the line <root dependsOn="NEW NAME"> manually. Not a big deal even for a lazy guy, but I hope it could be automated somehow. What do you think  ???

A very easy way: I renamed the NEW NAME as Basic.

So it's only needed to name the folder as the original skin and to place the skin inside with the name 'Basic.xml'. It works automatically.

That would be the case with Spotify Black, for example: http://www.mediafire.com/?99nn26v2r294he8

But you can use the skin you want as long as the folder has the name of the skin and the skin is named as 'Basic'

VX

I downloaded the Spotify Black folder and renamed it to Asylum White, then copied the original Asylum White skin to it and renamed it as Basic. Works like a charm. Thank you very much for the tip  :)

I wish every time a dependent skin is selected, the pop up menu appears: 'Choose the root skin to apply the changes'  8)

You won't need to duplicate dependent skins in separate folders this way.
Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:25:50 PM by VX

Greb

You're welcome.

:)

PS I wish so many things!!!  ;D

Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:49:24 AM by Greb

Creaulx

• Steadfastly Analogue
Greb:  Is there any way you can you post direct download links (Mediafire is blocked at my work?) 

I tried your new skins at home and they are awesome!  I should have emailed the files to myself but didn't... :(

Thanks for the great work!

Greb

Greb:  Is there any way you can you post direct download links (Mediafire is blocked at my work?) 

I tried your new skins at home and they are awesome!  I should have emailed the files to myself but didn't... :(

Thanks for the great work!

Not a big problem.

Which one is not blocked?

Here you have a copypaste of sites for uploading. Check them.

All sites
Rapidshare
Megaupload
Hotfile
FileSonic
Uploaded
Letitbit
Extabit
FileServe
Mediafire
Depositfiles
Netload
Easy-share
Filefactory
Badongo
4shared
Przeklej
Dump
Uploading
Storage
Megashares
Furk
4FastFile
UploadBox
GoldFile
GigaSize
Enterupload
TurboBit
Diglo
HitFile
Oron
Kickload
ZippyShare

Greb

Link updated 'cause a little problem with dependant skins and artwork view.

Creaulx

• Steadfastly Analogue
Just had to follow up - I emailed the file to myself, it worked fine.  Love love love these skins - Darker Pop Mediterranean Blue and Spring Green are my new defaults!  Looking for a bright yellowy-green (Green Apple should be the green from the splash screen) and it would be just about perfect.

Thank you so much - I may never go back to the other skins.   ;)  

Off-topic (sorta): with all the added functionality and bug fixes, the player is working out wonderfully now.  I love this software so much I can't begin to tell you.
Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 03:02:32 AM by Creaulx

Greb

Yeap, I love this program too. I'm rediscovering my music collection :)

I uploaled a new zip with a couple of new colours, including Yellowish green. Problem with yellow is that looks really bad when you make it dark. So I left it bright and made the foreground dark.

I was not able to change the menu highlight foreground colour with dependant skins, so It was changed to grey.

Creaulx

• Steadfastly Analogue
Downloaded the newer series from today - spot on, mate!  The "Mediterranean Green" is exactly what I was looking for, except I think you should just call it Green Apple...  Whatever, thanks a bunch!

These are amazing skins and I agree they should be included in the next official release.