Author Topic: The background of the now playing wavebar is black and not skinnable?  (Read 2430 times)

hiccup

I am struggling to find what makes the background of the wavebar here black:

There is no 0,0,0 in the skin, but I suspect it is not something caused by the skin, since it seems the default skin does the same?
(perhaps it gets sourced from a build-in theatre mode?)

If this assumption is correct, could a new element be introduced for this?

It could also follow the auto-colouring of the albumart background, but that will probably turn out ugly in many cases.
Which raises a second question; can the auto-colouring of the background of the albumart be overruled?
If so, the background of the albumart and the wavebar could follow the same element.

Steven

• Administrator
I am struggling to find what makes the background of the wavebar here black:

There is no 0,0,0 in the skin, but I suspect it is not something caused by the skin, since it seems the default skin does the same?
(perhaps it gets sourced from a build-in theatre mode?)

If this assumption is correct, could a new element be introduced for this?

It could also follow the auto-colouring of the albumart background, but that will probably turn out ugly in many cases.
Which raises a second question; can the auto-colouring of the background of the albumart be overruled?
If so, the background of the albumart and the wavebar could follow the same element.
its auto-generated as 200,0,0,0.
I will add a new element that will apply for the Large Album and Album Colour Mix views but not the Artist view

Steven

• Administrator
for v3.4 i have added:
Content[NowPlaying].WaveBarBackground bg=xxx

Also for v3.3, in the patch version i have tweaked the alpha on the wavebar background

hiccup

for v3.4 i have added:
Content[NowPlaying].WaveBarBackground bg=xxx
Also for v3.3, in the patch version i have tweaked the alpha on the wavebar background

The tweaked alpha works very well.
In fact, while the new overrule may look good in some layouts, it looks worse in others.
So I won't be using it, and the desire for it on my account is gone.
(perhaps remove it so to keep the code as clean as possible?)