Author Topic: Bot posts?  (Read 2112 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
For September at least, there sure seems to be a lot of first-time posts asking vague support questions.
Assuming that the majority of these are from bots, is there anything that can be done to better identify them or block them?

I'm always happy to help with answers for genuine questions (as are many other forum members), but lately it seems like responding to any post from a new user is going to be a waste of time.
Bee excellent to each other...

hiccup

You are correct.
There is already a thread about this going on here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16894.0

The reason it was raised there is because it would need making some changes to the forum or add features for moderators.
So it's also a forum issue, that would need the knowledge, time and approval of both AvikB and Steven.

For regular members it would be good to keep an eye out for suspect posts.
Many are copy/paste posts from other forums that seem to look for keywords such as: music player, musicbee, need help with playlists, all my music is gone!, etc. etc.
Also, often—but not always— there will be a suspect signature.

They are sometimes hard to spot for what they are,
but if any member suspects one, it would be best to use the report button (the little flag icon),
or if you verified it is a copy/paste, please also post a brief reply to the spam post so that other members don't waste their time in answering them.

Zak

• Global Moderator
Ah, didn't know it was already being discussed.
I don't understand the reason for it - the posts I've seen don't contain any links or content that would be useful for spamming purposes.

or if you verified it is a copy/paste, please also post a brief reply to the spam post so that other members don't waste their time in answering them.
Yes, that would be helpful. Thanks.
Bee excellent to each other...