Author Topic: PC won't sleep, nor will my monitor turn off, if MusicBee is running - audio/dri  (Read 901 times)

JimmyWatson

I've been using MusicBee for years and I've been using Windows 10 since it came out. This problem started some time in the last few weeks, although I don't know if the issue is related to MusicBee or Windows itself. I don't think it's the driver for my sound card as that hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Previously, if I started, say, a podcast playing in MusicBee and I then left the computer alone, after 10 minutes my monitor would turn off through inactivity and when the podcast finished, at some point my PC would go to sleep.

Now my PC will not sleep if MusicBee is running, nor will my monitor turn off, even if MusicBee is just idle and no music is being played.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Previously, if I started, say, a podcast playing in MusicBee and I then left the computer alone, after 10 minutes my monitor would turn off through inactivity and when the podcast finished, at some point my PC would go to sleep.

Now my PC will not sleep if MusicBee is running, nor will my monitor turn off, even if MusicBee is just idle and no music is being played.

There has been a few recent Windows 10 updates, and things often get changed by Microsoft, so...

Check Settings > Power & Sleep > for 'obvious' changes..

Freddy

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know why you posted this in the Plugins section as it has nothing to do with a plugin. Unless it does and you're not telling us.

More than likely it has nothing to do with MB as Freddy indicated.

And I don't recall anyone else raising this issue before. If it were an issue with MB I would think others would be posting about it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here