Author Topic: Replace multiple files e.g. entire album  (Read 3774 times)

arbor_mute

I frequently replace existing files in library with better quality files with Ctrl-Alt-C and Ctrl-V shortcut

but it feels sometimes tedious to add new files to inbox, copy/paste song tag, delete old files and move new files to library.

BTW I recently realized there is "replace" functionality for single file in MB

I hope this function is applied to multiple file selection

Thanks

JZStudios

Wouldn't it be easier to just go into your actual file browser and replace them? I'm not even sure if you'd need to refresh MB to play them after, but even if you did it should be easier.

boroda

I'm not even sure if you'd need to refresh MB to play them after, but even if you did it should be easier.
vice versa. you'll need to rewrite file tags by tags from mb database. but such replacement is not safe, 1st make sure that last modification dates are the same for old and new files.

JZStudios

I'm not even sure if you'd need to refresh MB to play them after, but even if you did it should be easier.
vice versa. you'll need to rewrite file tags by tags from mb database. but such replacement is not safe, 1st make sure that last modification dates are the same for old and new files.
Okay, so then just replacing them in in the file browser and refreshing or rescanning in MB would be quicker.

SkyZippr

I too would like to see this feature implemented.

Okay, so then just replacing them in in the file browser and refreshing or rescanning in MB would be quicker.
That wouldn't work if I wanted to switch from MP3 to FLAC.

Soundtrack Central

I would like to see the ability to replace multiple files at once as well. Would be very helpful when replacing previous MP3 versions of albums with FLACs.

Or as a simpler fix, being able to assign keyboard shortcuts to the two "Folder (Replace)" menu options would be a big help as it'd cut down a lot on the menu navigation.

Here's the original topic for the "Replace file" feature in case anyone missed it.
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8567.45

Steven

• Administrator
For v3.6, i have added support for Send To/ Folder (Replace) to replace multiple files in one go.
Its quite basic in that the files need to be in the same order and there is no dialog to manually reorder the files