Author Topic: Custom Search window and Local Node Only / Entire Library toggle  (Read 1236 times)

TateB

I use the Custom Search window more frequently than the Search bar.  The Search bar has the ability to choose between Local Node Only (LNO) and Entire Library (EL) searches.  Musicbee's selects LNO or EL based on the active or last tab, and whether it is in a local node or showing all or part of the library (as far as I can tell).

This can create some inconvenience when using the Custom Search window, as a reversion to LNO creates different search results than anticipated, especially if I'm active across multiple tabs.  When that occurs, I  have to close the Custom Search window, go to the drop down menu on the Search bar, and select EL, then Custom Search again.

It would be nice if there was a toggle on the Custom Search window for LNO / EL, akin to what is available in the drop down under the Search bar itself.  Preferably one that would remember the last-used setting rather than switching based on the active or last tab.