Author Topic: All gone!!!  (Read 816 times)

theminer

Just some sad news here. My old desktop corrupted INCLUDING all of the MusicBee playlist backups that I had. I have almost everything backed up in the cloud... As it turns out I forgot to backup my playlists and song ratings. I still have all the music files, but they're not worth so much without all of the ratings and playlists that I had. That's several years of work gone.

Sad times, these. Maybe take it as a warning and be sure to also backup your additional settings to the cloud occasionally! I think it's time for me to try out another music player.

hiccup

Losing stuff due to technical failure and not having appropriate backups surely is a frustrating and unpleasant experience.

But what is your question exactly?

And how would using another music player prevent this from happening?

sveakul

I think it's time for me to try out another music player.

I'm not sure what the music player has to do with it.

If you don't want to keep a full drive image backup, which of course would protect ALL your applications, then just install the Portable version of MusicBee to a folder outside of the Windows hierarchy, like C:\MusicBee, and keep a backup copy of just that whole folder.  In it are your playlists, ratings, settings, the whole enchilada.

(hiccup beat me to it, but kept for the example of using a Portable install)

Zak

• Global Moderator
And saving ratings to file tags has been one checkbox tick for quite a few years now.
Bee excellent to each other...

Zak

• Global Moderator
Just some sad news here. My old desktop corrupted INCLUDING all of the MusicBee playlist backups that I had.
Further to this, "desktop" is a bit vague. Did your whole hard drive die, or just your windows profile?
If the latter, your playlists and MusicBee settings will still be there - you'll just need to find a way to access them from another PC, profile or Windows installation.
Bee excellent to each other...

hiccup

And.... I now see this was also a spambot copy/pasting from reddit.

Please kill with fire?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Wow, a lot of those lately. I'll lock the post.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)