Author Topic: MusicBee for android  (Read 44314 times)

eathearty

I searched through the forums search function and haven't seen this asked anywhere if it is apologies but is there plans for the future for music-bee to be ported to android.  There are plenty of music players on android but none as well thought out or as feature rich as music-bee, or work anywhere as well as  music-bee.  The nearest player i have come to music-bee  over the years on android is Music Player Remix which has not had an update in a long while and seems to be abandoned with no word from its developer. 

Music bee on android would be a highly sought after item and most audiophiles would buy it in a heartbeat.  If Steven would let us know if he had any plans porting this to android in the future as android is sorely looking for such a music player to be developed.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There aren't any plans that I'm aware of. Instead, Steven has created a wifi sync app that works with some common Android music players, notably GMMP and Poweramp. I use GMMP and find it to be the closest to MusicBee in terms of features and customization.

Here's the thread on the wifi app: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=28093.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

First of all, for as far as I can recall, MusicBee's sole developer has clearly stated that he has no interest in developing an Android version of MusicBee.

So unless he announces a change of mind on that, an Android version of MusicBee is not going to happen.

That is the answer to your question.

But, as a long time MusicBee user, and an only very recent Android droid, I also flirted with a foggy desire to have MusicBee on my Android device.

My question—doubt—is this though:
MusicBee excels on a desktop with a large screen, big libraries, many panels in view, etc.
It is the best music manager you could wish for for desktop use.

But an Android device usually has a small display, multiple panels are pretty much impossible to have, and it is mostly useful for output. Input is basic, restricted and cumbersome.

So my question to you is:

What features of MusicBee would you desire to have on your Android device that are not already available by using some simpler ready available music players?

eathearty

Slide out side panels for lyrics playlists.  Theatre Mode.  Skin support, visualiser.  Integrated way to play music videos.  Just a few to mention.  There are players that do similar but none as fluid or aesthetically pleasing as MusicBee.

boroda

First of all, for as far as I can recall, MusicBee's sole developer has clearly stated that he has no interest in developing an Android version of MusicBee.

So unless he announces a change of mind on that, an Android version of MusicBee is not going to happen.

That is the answer to your question.
little correction. Steven do have some vague plans to make simplified uwp mb version. i'm not very experienced in developing uwp apps, but ms applies many efforts recently for easy porting .net apps to android and ios. so maybe sometime we will see mb on android.  ;)